Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck Books

Hello every one!

I suggest to post here all the questiones and news about Truck boks.

For example: does any one knows about "Ford F-Series: America's Pickup Truck" content? Is it al about PickUps, or Medium Duty F-series get in this book too?

51if5Dp--KL._SX497_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 

I have bought "Ford truck chronicle" by same author some time before and I like it!

I Just try to decide which book to buy: "Ford F-Series: America's Pickup Truck" or "Ford Medium-Duty Trucks"  by Paul Mclaughlin + Ford Pickup Trucks by Steve Statham ?

51S3rZXZRGL._SX369_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51C6iZoEh4L._SX441_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thanks in advance

Edited by Sergey

I Just try to decide which book to buy: "Ford F-Series: America's Pickup Truck" or "Ford Medium-Duty Trucks"  by Paul Mclaughlin + Ford Pickup Trucks by Steve Statham ?

51S3rZXZRGL._SX369_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51C6iZoEh4L._SX441_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thanks in advance

In my opinion, the latter 2 would be best, especially if you have interest in the medium duty trucks. I looked at the Ford F book and didn't think much of it. Have the Statham book and its pretty good. Plan on getting the McLaughlin book sometime, since all of his I've seen have been very well done. I do have a few Ford books like the entire right bookcase.

2012-11-10 Ford and tractors.JPG

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatelly - no Dodge trucks.

O-key! Arrived "The Great American PickUp Trucks" book.

51nxwDpEcPL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Well it tells about all kinds of PickUps from 20-s to 80-s. It were not only Fords, Chevys and Dodges. Mack, International, Dimond T, Studebaker, Hudson, Reo - were PickUps of 40-s and 50-s too. High rolers and Low riders are shown here too, as stylish Terraplane bizare and little Crosley. Written in best tradicion of Motorbook. There are prices some old trucks costs at that time, beside other information.

The only minus of this book that there are 3-4 photos of the same trucks from different racurs because most of them left in small number. But from other hand all phoptos are colored. Another minus just for me, that my favorite period (from 60-s to 80-s) partly presented by Toyota and Nissan, living empty gap in large amount of US trucks. That' s why I need Dodge truck book.

Edited by Sergey

• 1 month later...

51Q21JEKTRL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgsearch?q=Dodge+trucks+by+Don+Bunn&newwin

Well I choose this book and I glad. It's very informative. There is chapters year by year with short description of events that year and many photos of trucks (not only PickUps, but Big Rigs too) with theire own descriptions. Kind a Dodge Truck Chronicle. The only minus - there is no color photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody have second edition?

O-key, the reason why I ask is, that I have bought the second edition of "International trucks", but when I've got the package, there was first edition inside. Now should I complane to seller or it make no difference between these books? Is there color photos inside second issue?

O-key! Seems to be I clarified the situation with International books.

1. The first book was published by Motorbooks in1995 and (I think) looks like this:

157838604_international-trucks-by-freder

It covers trucks from 1907 to 1995.

2. The second  issue of the same book published by Victory WW2 Publishing in 2002 and looks like the first issue. It covers trucks 

from 1907 to 2002 years. It have 645 pages. All photos are black & white.

3. The third issue published by Victory WW2 Publishing in 2007 called "International trucks 100 years 1907-2007" paperback and 

looks like:

51VzjNgdgJL.jpg

It covers trucks from 1907 to 2007 years. Reviews said it has 720 pages, 55 of which are colored photos.

Correct me if I wrong.

I wanted the last one, but got the second. :(

Edited by Sergey