Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck reference photos or upclose reference for Truck chassis

I have looked over the forum and believe this would be the best place to ask this question. I am not new to the hobby except for semi's. I have been building for close to 40 years, however when it comes to a big rig I have not completed even one. I am too obsessive and want to detail the semi with engine, chassis, and brake system wiring and plumbing. I have a lit of pics now and have seen a lot of websites given for this forum, including hanksplace and tim alborns site,  but they vaguely show where things actually mount to the frame engine or chassis. Is there some websites that any one of you know of that shows good pictures of lets say a kenworth coe semi from like 1970 to present, and peterbilt same years? I have the article from car modeller in the 1990's that lay out a brake system but it is drawn out but not on a chassis. Any help greatly appreciated. I have the super boss kit, and just picked up the papa truck this weekend and would like to actually finish them with all of that kind of detail.

I have a few reference pictures that I have taken. Click on this photo of a 359 chassis and it will take you to my Flickr account. Go to my albums and trucks are separated into different albums. I also have collected several pictures that I haven't taken also. If you are looking for something specific that isn't shown, let me know. If I have it, I will PM it to you.

34635410685_3989c89f7d_k.jpgIMG_2883 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

Looking forward to seeing your build.

I have a few reference pictures that I have taken. Click on this photo of a 359 chassis and it will take you to my Flickr account. Go to my albums and trucks are separated into different albums. I also have collected several pictures that I haven't taken also. If you are looking for something specific that isn't shown, let me know. If I have it, I will PM it to you.

34635410685_3989c89f7d_k.jpgIMG_2883 by Brian Smith, on Flickr

Looking forward to seeing your build.

Pictures like that are what I am talking about, I will check it out and let you know if I can not find what I am looking for, with pics like this will help for sure. I would not mind building a rig box stock but with the size of the finished truck it leads for some super detailing. Thank you Brian for the link to your site, very much appreciated.

• 6 months later...

may not be exactly what your looking for but check out my fotki site you'll get lots of ideas.http://public.fotki.com/VincePutt/semi_truck_shows_/ look at Kramer wrecker and the macungie truck show allong with the carlisle photo albums these are trucks that I've see close up and clean.Enjoy

• 6 months later...
On 2/19/2018 at 8:46 PM, Bowtienutz said:

may not be exactly what your looking for but check out my fotki site you'll get lots of ideas.http://public.fotki.com/VincePutt/semi_truck_shows_/ look at Kramer wrecker and the macungie truck show allong with the carlisle photo albums these are trucks that I've see close up and clean.Enjoy

Thank you for sharing really  cool resource.....