Model Cars Magazine Forum
Volksfan

1910 Thomas Model M WIP

Hello everyone. I found this Entex kit at my local hobby store for $60. I'm a big fan of these old brass era autos.

The kit features the 1910 Thomas Flyer Model M 6 - 40. Possibly the best Thomas ever built, it had the companies most powerful 6 cylinder engine (64Hp @ 1500RPM) and highest price tag.

Surprised I haven't seen any of these cars built on this forum. I've seen many Mercers (which I eventually want to build) but not these Thomas's

Anyways, I started getting the engine assembled. The cylinder heads were put together along with the brass priming cups. Before the heads were mounted to the block, i installed the valve springs. Finally the flywheel was installed. The car on the box art is green but I feel that RED what look good on the car. Along with natural rubber white colored tires

DSCN0714.JPG

DSCN0716.JPG

A great model to build and looks good when finished.

Did this one earlier this year Red is a good choice.

DSCF2779.JPG

DSCF2782.JPG

DSCF2783.JPG

Spectacular model Leslie. The kit version i have does not come with the closed roof, only the open roof.

Okay, got the motor finished and wired up.

Its a pretty hefty piece once assembled.

More to come!

DSCN0718.JPG

DSCN0719.JPG

DSCN0720.JPG

Sprayed the tires with some white Tamiya surface primer to give them that natural rubber look these tires had in the '00s and early '10s.

Next up is giving the body parts some color.

DSCN0721.JPG

I look forward to an update on this as well. A couple local collectors have 1:1 versions of these and they are pretty magnificent in person.  Keep us posted.