Model Cars Magazine Forum

What? Two More '63 Lightweights

Sneak Peek.  Two more 1963 Galaxie Lightweight bodies are being prepped.  These two will take me longer as I am focusing on a WingNuts Wings 1/32 scale Sopwith Camel.  I will building these two along side the plane.  These will become Ronda's (Vintage Burgundy) and Ritchey's (Viking Blue) lightweights.  I will provide updates as I move along

Harry....I will provide step by step photos for making the Bostrom seats once I get to that step.  

63 Ronda & Ritchey Lightweights (1280x720).jpg

63 Gas Ronda 7.jpg

63 Les Ritchey Vels Ford Sales (989x1280) (791x1024).jpg

Edited by johnwitzke

Sneak Peek.  Two more 1963 Galaxie Lightweight bodies are being prepped.  These two will take me longer as I am focusing on a WingNuts Wings 1/32 scale Sopwith Camel.  I will building these two along side the plane.  These will become Ronda's (Vintage Burgundy) and Ritchey's (Viking Blue) lightweights.  I will provide updates as I move along

Harry....I will provide step by step photos for making the Bostrom seats once I get to that step.  

I've got a couple of '63s I'm trying to decide which verisons to build. Do you have any color shots of Ritchey's car?

• 3 weeks later...

Tasca's car was not one of the 5 preproduction cars.  It was a lightweight car and had red interior like the other 200 or so cars.

The 5 preproduction lightweight cars were as follows.  All had code 24 beige interior and black steering wheels

Romy Hammes - Dick Brannan - Corinthian White / Beige Interior  - The very first 63 lightweight

Bob Ford - Len Richter- Raven Black / Beige Interior

Downtown Ford - Gas Ronda - Heritage Burgundy / Beige Interior (according to sources, car was originally Viking Blue the same as Les Ritchey car but repainted Heritage Burgundy)  

Vels Ford Sales - Les Ritchey - Viking Blue / Beige Interior  (later sponsor was Downtown Ford same as Gas Ronda's car) 

Ed Martin Ford - Rangoon Red / Beige Interior   

Edited by johnwitzke

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John, great to see your further Ford updates, and new models.

Question if you don't mind:  Back in the late 60's there was a Ford Dealer in my area who sponsored race cars.  A real nasty SBF Falcon and a T-Bolt too.  Lynch-Davidson Ford in Florida.

So, did Ford offer the performance parts for these cars over the counter?  I was GM, later Mopar in this era.

I remember them in the garages late at night working on these cool cars....probably also partially owned by employees there.

Did Ford offer hi-po parts over the counter for anyone?

Thanks, Michael