Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airbrush poor!!!!!

I have 5 paasche H's, 2- paasche VL's, 2- Badger Kromes, 2- Iwata's- HP-SB plus and Neo CN. I use the H's for most of my model cars and I wanted to get some new parts for them. I searched the internet and found that I could get the whole set with 3 tips and needles , that I wanted to replace, by using Amazon. New airbrush, 3 needles, airhose and other parts that are included a lot cheaper than ordering just parts for the ones I have.

Now if I could only get a good paint job that pleases me would be great. :lol::lol:

Richard

Why do  you have 11 airbrushes?

Well I used to use them for pictures I airbrushed over the years along with model cars I have built. It's just an accumalation of them over the years.  I don't do pictures anymore since my hands and eyes aren't that good anymore. I guess I just like using them and enjoy trying different ones now. Most except the paasche's are fine and ultra fine for the details I could get with them. Totally cars now and the Iwatas and badgers are pretty much useless with the cheap acrylic paint I am using for the cars. Probably would call me a sucker for having so many but have just decided to use only the paasches now for cars. There's no need to do fine detail in what I build anymore and don't want to get rid of any in case I want to do a picture. Each brand has their own little quirks and ways of using them. Also have a lot of illustration paint that I might try on the cars. The Iwatas are the best and then the Badger Kromes are second for detail work which I don't need for cars. Hope this might explain why.

Richard

That's actually a very reasonable explanation. I was concerned that you might be some kind of airbrush hoarder:D. Best of luck toward getting some finishes that you're satisfied with.

I could be called a airbrush hoarder. If the urge hits-----LOOK OUT----- New airbrush coming. I like the old saying " The one with the most is the winner". I think I'm too critical of my projects. I can be painting a model and thinking, this is not looking good, but then looking at some on the shelfs, I think they look pretty good.

Richard