Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017 Daytona ARCA cars

Rdkingjay

These two were both built from Team Caliber 2006 Fords. They are essentially the same car, just two different versions, test and race day.  I built these as a gift for my friend Dave Lebeau, a long time local racer, who got a chance to run a few races in ARCA, for Norm Hutton Racing.  The decals are custom made and both cars were painted in automotive grade paint and clear. The most challenging aspect was the race day cars, black to yellow stripe fade. I have also included pics of the real cars. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2974.PNG

IMG_3442.JPG

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_2761.PNG

IMG_3447.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

I have been watching ARCA races on MAVTV. It seems like they have some new cars that look a lot like Nascar Monster energy series cars. Your builds look Awesome. I really like ARCA because they don't have a chase.

You know that for a long time, Arca teams have been buying their cars from the Cup teams, so they are all ex NASCAR Cup Series cars, but if you talking about the Gen6 style body, the bodies are Composite from Five Star, the K&N Series is using the same bodies.

Arca started using them on certain tracks last year.

You know that for a long time, Arca teams have been buying their cars from the Cup teams, so they are all ex NASCAR Cup Series cars, but if you talking about the Gen6 style body, the bodies are Composite from Five Star, the K&N Series is using the same bodies.

Arca started using them on certain tracks last year.

Thanks , Jonathan. Do you know what the composite is made up of?  They look close enough that you could probably use a revell snap kit to do an arca car. Just have to make some general tire decals for it.

Thanks , Jonathan. Do you know what the composite is made up of?  They look close enough that you could probably use a revell snap kit to do an arca car. Just have to make some general tire decals for it.

I dont off the top of my head, but yes, you can use the Revell snap or when it comes out glue kit, its really close, just some mods need to be made,  Google Arca composite body.

Great work, Jay. Very nice !!

I'm with you, Mark on watching ARCA. Went to the race in Nashville in April and had a great time and saw an awesome race.

Got to talk to some old friends like Ken Schrader & Frank Kimmell.

Met some of the new kids like Raphael Lessard, Shane Lee and Austin Theriault. I have really enjoyed watching this series this year.

As for the cars, they can still run the older bodies as well as the new "composite" bodies (more like Cup). Gives the lesser funded teams time to "catch up" on the change over. The Schrader team has run Chevys, Toyotas and they are switching over to Fords as they can afford to build new cars.

Now if some decal maker would up and do some ARCA decals ..... I'd enjoy building some of those cars.

New Ford for Theriault.  Before & after pics........

DSCF364-vi.jpg

52postraceb1-vi.jpg

Edited by Hondo

Great work, Jay. Very nice !!

I'm with you, Mark on watching ARCA. Went to the race in Nashville in April and had a great time and saw an awesome race.

Got to talk to some old friends like Ken Schrader & Frank Kimmell.

Met some of the new kids like Raphael Lessard, Shane Lee and Austin Theriault. I have really enjoyed watching this series this year.

As for the cars, they can still run the older bodies as well as the new "composite" bodies (more like Cup). Gives the lesser funded teams time to "catch up" on the change over. The Schrader team has run Chevys, Toyotas and they are switching over to Fords as they can afford to build new cars.

Now if some decal maker would up and do some ARCA decals ..... I'd enjoy building some of those cars.

New Ford for Theriault.  Before & after pics........

DSCF364-vi.jpg

52postraceb1-vi.jpg

Yes I have a Chevy snap kit and been seriously thinking about doing the Sinclair car. The only thing is the paint fade on the a pillars might be tough. Michael Self kept competing at Iowa with a broken front sway bar. He was all over the track but would not quit. Very impressive

• 4 weeks later...