Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reissue Wishlist

Casey429

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, Art Anderson said:

I built up that Autocar dump truck for AMT's HIAA trade show when it was first released, fun build, but sales of the kit were in the tank, frankly!

Art

It must have sold decent enough as time went on.  It looks like it was issued a total of 4 times so far, the last being around 2003.

The Autocar dump is a great source of parts.  Spoke wheels, floatation front tires, 6-rod rear suspension and axles, and the dump box.

With the R2 getting models in Walmart ,maybe we will see some investment in new tool subjects.

This wish list of mine is not reissues but new ideas

A buss,Greyhound,school bus,musicians tour bus

Beverage trailer,i did scratch one but would still like a kit.

For reissues i would be in for the haulaway trailer!

Edited by Spruslayer

I've touched on it before, but Round 2 really needs to reissue one of the C1500 pickup kits. I would say with the recent release of the Lightning kit, that the 454SS would be a good contender, but I also think the long bed version is overdue (though not sure if the USA-1 version would affect a stock reissue). 

Edited by Jordan White

I know it doesn't work this way, but it would be awesome if in the reissue, they added the grille and interior from the 1995 promo kit. I think if they did that, they could get many more sales for people who want to build a 1994 or 1995 model (could go up to '97, but you would have to add/make the Vortec intake).

Oh, and dump those crappy Goodyear tires that look to be out of the 70's. 

Edited by Jordan White

On 2/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Casey said:

This has to be coming semi-soon, right?

AMTHaulawayTrailer.jpg.9dc536e43fb11db630a8996968d11293.jpg

I sure hope so. I have an idea for one, but they get snatched up on eBay for quite a bit more than I'm willing to pay. How about reviving the Tournament of Thrills version? If they didn't want to include a tractor to tow it( to keep costs down), maybe they could throw in the ramps that were included in the cars in the series? Then someone could choose their own stunt cars. Daydreaming

But the version that you pictured would be fine too.

image.jpeg.75bc55ae3574a452d1f682d5c597859f.jpeg

Remember seeing that tornament of thrills kit once, and only once, around '74, one of those rare box art kits, but the contents luckily are  much easier to find, IMO, the tilt cab Ford is a great match for the haulaway trailer, not only an out of the box  single axle tractor, it can be made to be  period correct to match vintage of trailer with a simple emblem change. Yes, another vote for the haulaway.

IMG_5387.JPG

I too would like to see the Haul-a-way trailer back. Either pair it with the Ford Tractor, or sell it as a set with the three cars (all of which have been out recently). I'd prefer a different tractor, but I'm not sure if AMT or MPC did anything that would be period correct. The Lindberg Dodge might work, but that is a fiddly build.

Are there any other kits that might work as motive power?

2 hours ago, alexis said:

I too would like to see the Haul-a-way trailer back. Either pair it with the Ford Tractor, or sell it as a set with the three cars (all of which have been out recently). I'd prefer a different tractor, but I'm not sure if AMT or MPC did anything that would be period correct. The Lindberg Dodge might work, but that is a fiddly build.

Are there any other kits that might work as motive power?

I think it would be packaged as a stand alone kit, rather than with a tractor or with any type of vehicular payload.

Round2 could reissue the Ford C-900 Tiit-Cab Tractor separately, too, like Stevens International did a few years ago. I think offering both as separate kits, rather than packaged together, would be the better option:

51IfAlSLj2L._SX425_.jpg

Mykit re-issue wish list includes the following:

amt KW mixer

amt Trailmobile moving van. The only time it was ever "re-issued" was when they did the 3 race car transport trailers in the late '80s or early '90s. Same trailer as the moving vans, they just included wheel covers, ramps, tool boxes, and other racing equipment.

amt KW Alaskan Hauler

Italeri/ROG Freightliner FLC with the 60" sleeper.

International Paystar looger

International F2674

International F/S 2575

amt California Hauler "little window" Pete 359 with the parts tree for the sleeper and sun visor included(the visor was on the sleeper parts tree)

amt Fruehauf reefer. The Fruehauf dry van has come back twice in recent years, most recently as the Coca Cola van. It's the same kit with a reefer and its fuel tank added.

Great Dane reefer from Ertl.

amt Fruehauf flatbed

Monogram 1/16 scale Fruehauf flatbed trailer( I deeply regret selling mine)

Ertl John Deere back hoe and farm tractor

ERTL Massey Ferguson farm tractor

amt lowboy trailer and bulldozer set(it was available years ago)

Ertl ih 1466 farm tractor

Some "Fantasy kits" were suggested so here are mine:

Italeri Freightliner aerodyne with an extra 60" flat top sleeper roof to give builders a choice.

Italeri 48 foot reefer with the body molded to the proper height

amt Autocar dump truck kit with the round fenders included as an option, along with an optional 5th wheel.

amt Autocar Dump truck kit with the Challenge mixer body

This fantasy kit list was done with current tooling in mind.

Edited by SpreadAxle

2 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

Oh, another few on my list are the three Jeeps by Tamiya (Grand Cherokee, Wrangler soft top, Wrangler hardtop). The Wranglers are getting hard to find, and they aren't cheap. They are nice kits and would be great to see again.

I like those kits..got all 3 back when they first came out, but have never built them.  I'd love to see some one tool up the current generation of each, along w/ the new Gladiator pickup. 

I was just looking at the AMT/ERTL International Scout II Hardtop kit. Since they just ran the SSII roadster kit, give us the hardtop, include both optional parts trees, (Stock & Custom) and the generic Red AMT Red Clear parts tree with Domes on it, and throw in some Beach patrol and other LEO decals. A 2'n'1 kit, with no new parts needed. Just new decals.

I'd be down with some. Warts and all, it's a great kit.

5 hours ago, alexis said:

I was just looking at the AMT/ERTL International Scout II Hardtop kit. Since they just ran the SSII roadster kit, give us the hardtop, include both optional parts trees, (Stock & Custom) and the generic Red AMT Red Clear parts tree with Domes on it, and throw in some Beach patrol and other LEO decals. A 2'n'1 kit, with no new parts needed. Just new decals.

I'd be down with some. Warts and all, it's a great kit.

This!!! They need to rerelease the offroad version of the Scout. It has all of the extra goodies, like the spoke wagon wheels and other offroad stuff. I'd buy a half dozen kits at least, lol. I wish they would add some street tires to the kit too. I'd like to build some stock versions. Please Round 2, do this soon.

Jeff 

1 hour ago, Goose1957 said:

This!!! They need to rerelease the offroad version of the Scout. It has all of the extra goodies, like the spoke wagon wheels and other offroad stuff. I'd buy a half dozen kits at least, lol. I wish they would add some street tires to the kit too. I'd like to build some stock versions. Please Round 2, do this soon.

Jeff 

De bronafbeelding bekijken

No one has mentioned the old Monogram/Revell 1977 Jeep CJ-7 2 in 1 kit....although it has its foibles, overall it is a much better kit than most modelers would expect it to be.  I'll have more to say and show on this in the relatively near term future.  TIM 

My list : Kenworth Challenge Mixer , Lowboy /Cat D8H combo , Autocar Dump, Trailmobile Moving Van ( was reissued in North American, Mayflower liveries and the race car variety  as well as the original Allied Van Lines). And lastly I would love all of the 1/43 TNT series, Kenworth & Peterbilt truck’s and Fruehauf trailers.