Model Cars Magazine Forum

mustang ll

m3m

Hey guys, well just finished this, just a quick build. Fire fighter kit, with some old decals i had. Nothing fancy, just trying out some new paint, trying to get good for some other builds! It has its flaws, but the shine is coming around, and with no polish i am happy.

thanks for looking!

100_3714.jpg

100_3712.jpg

:lol: where is it?

Hey guys, well just finished this, just a quick build. Fire fighter kit, with some old decals i had. Nothing fancy, just trying out some new paint, trying to get good for some other builds! It has its flaws, but the shine is coming around, and with no polish i am happy.

thanks for looking!

100_3714.jpg

100_3712.jpg

Hey man, I have a question. Where did you get those decals?

R they aftermarket or from an old pro stock kit.

I want to do BOB GLIDDEN'S RIDE before he got the 7-11/ chief Auto part sponsors.

It was the same T BIRD but with just the Motorcraft in the door and the car was blue and white.

Rikie Smith was campaining another car, the same scheme, but with red and white.

I wich I can find what I am looking for. and those decals in your car r d ones.

Like your interpretation of the mustang II. I have seen all source of ideas. no one

is doing the firefighter box stock look...it is one ugly look anyway. I have this kid

and one day will do something. I was going for the Dino Don colors, but its been done.

I am thinking on building a 80's style Blown Pro Street or a 70's Pro stock using aftermarket

resin wheels and drop the nose lower. Still have time to think about it, since its problably

project number 40something on the bench. in the meantime will enjoy your Mustang II.

I also have the kemp mustang II road racer I want to built,,,,,,dam!!!! some much to do

and so little time. This is crazy I am buying from ebay discontinued kits about 3 per month

and building 1 model in a month....tell me when this will stop :o

THIS IS CRAZY will need to go to AAA for modelers :lol:

Thanks!

The paint is tamiya, metalic blue #ts-19, and tamiya clear #ts-13, just spray cans.

The decals are aftermarket, not sure who made them, i got em with a box of misc. stuff. These were for the thunderbird, had a blue strips with em also. I don't think there slixx, i would guess fred caddy maybe, there pretty old looking! Not sure, sorry i couldn't help anymore!

Edited by Jeryd