Model Cars Magazine Forum

I hate this weather here in NY ??

NYLIBUD

I'm ready for fall, also. Unfortunately freezing weather & snow come soon after.

In the fall we get cooler temps, but then I have to rake and dispose of leaves, then freezing weather and snow which I don't care for either. I really would like to see summer lengthened by another month and of course winter shortened by a month also. Wishful thinkin' I know.

In the fall we get cooler temps, but then I have to rake and dispose of leaves, then freezing weather and snow which I don't care for either. I really would like to see summer lengthened by another month and of course winter shortened by a month also. Wishful thinkin' I know.

Phoenix, 2  weeks of winter, 6 weeks of fall, 6 weeks of spring, 18 weeks of summer, 20 weeks of hell.

The weather here in NC can be somewhat unpredictable as well. A week ago yesterday we had a cold front move thru and our dew point dropped to about 50 degrees, which is unheard of here in July/August, and a week later it was back to 70 degrees.

We learn to deal with the heat and humidity, a small price to pay for rarely having to shovel snow. I would rather have a longer fall and spring than the long cold winters I grew up with in Northern Illinois. After 12 years here, I think I have adapted to this climate and could not envision going back to the cold and snow of the north. Some of my friends think I am crazy for living here where they think it is "hotter than Hades" and I think they are crazy for living where I think it's way too cold for a human!