Model Cars Magazine Forum

DTM Firebird

DeeCee

This is my second Foose Firebird for the year, the first was basic, and difficult to get as low as i wanted,  so this one needed to be DIFFERENT, and LOW..

I blended the Firebird with a DTM Mercedes....... to get my DTM Firebird.

The DTM Chassis was played with quite a bit to get it to fit inside the Firebird body, but i managed to retain all the DTM suspension etc,

and most of the interior too, just made the Firebird dash fit around the roll cage, which was modified to fit inside the body.

There is a huge amount of body work, as you can tell, to fit the wheels under the body, also scratch made the rear wing.

Paint is Orange Auto Acrylic.

This was a lot of fun just trying to make everything work.

DSCN1579.JPG

DSCN1578.JPG

DSCN1582.JPG

DSCN1583.JPG

DSCN1598.JPG

DSCN1535.JPG

DSCN1589.JPG

DSCN1580.JPG

DSCN1592.JPG

Edited by DeeCee

That my friend is some outstanding kit-bashing.  Of course there will be some Mercedes purists screaming sacrilege, but who cares.  It is so low to the ground, I think it would probably scrape on a new dime.  Overall an excellent build, I love everything about it.  Two thumbs up, and that is because I only have two thumbs.

I'm a firm believer in originality rules and thinking out of the box and you nailed it absolutey perfect.There isn't one thing you could've done better-simply mind blowing-wow-I love it !!!

Yeah what he said x2

Very impressive body work. I like the wheel flares and the splitter, the paint is really smoooooth. The hood scoop seems a little large until you see the injection system on the engine. Chassis detailing looks good also.   

Very impressive body work. I like the wheel flares and the splitter, the paint is really smoooooth. The hood scoop seems a little large until you see the injection system on the engine. Chassis detailing looks good also.   

Thanks guys very much, and yes, the scoop is a tad huge, but as you saw, needed to be.. It was a fun build though..

I'm a firm believer in originality rules and thinking out of the box and you nailed it absolutey perfect.There isn't one thing you could've done better-simply mind blowing-wow-I love it !!!

x4 it is amazing and gives me some ideas for a future build.