Model Cars Magazine Forum

Daxman

• 5 weeks later...

I came up with a solution for the rear side-thrusters this weekend. They fit snug inside the rim, which allows them to pivot slightly. I'm very happy with the results! I have hoses and wires hanging from the undercarriage. I hope to make them more visible. I also have plans to make retractable landing skids that will be tucked up between the frame and the front suspension. They will not be articulated, but they will be visible.

I'm not too excited about starting the interior and windows.

Thank you for all of the positive comments! More grime and weathering to continue....still learning as I go.

IMG_0302 (2).JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0286 (2).JPG

IMG_0308 (2).JPG

IMG_0310 (2).JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

2 hours ago, Crankenstien said:

remind's me of a 57 chevy that was in heavymetal years ago interesting piece for sure might use gundam part's for the venting parts you needed

My son has  quite a few old Gundam models. The thought didn't even cross my mind.......I was racking my brain for weeks, trying to come up with something. I'll be sure to look through his scrap bin on my next build.

The more I look at the photos of the rear end, the more I dislike the "fake" vent inside the center exhaust. I might have to come up with something new. That's one thing I hate on new cars of today. Fake plastic vents. Fake hood scoops....

One more thing that I feel that I need to clarify! The 2 pipes coming off the right side of the vehicle. These are heat shields for the fuel lines that feed the 2 rear engines. I wanted to accentuate the fact that the car was asymmetrical. It needed something extra on that side of the car. They look like exhaust pipes, but if you look under the frame, there's a large diameter hose coming out of each pipe feeding the rear engines. 

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

We have front landing gear!

Here's a few pictures of the fuel tank under the hood. The two pipes leading under the frame will lead into the two rear engines. I also threw in a picture of what's in the trunk. There's a bunch of pipes and hoses I need to add. I want it to have excessive hoses and hydraulic lines everywhere.

It's not glued together yet. Hopefully everything lines up well in the end. I'm having issues with the way that the hood meets up to the body. Even before I started all of the heavy modifications, I had trouble with the way they fit. 

IMG_5773.JPG

IMG_5775.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

IMG_5782.JPG

Thank you for the great comments!

Here's the finished center exhaust. I added 5 slats where the fake vent was. Looks so much better!

I'm adding a flight computer that will be installed under the hood. I took the navigation dashboard controls out of a Ford Raptor kit that I was never going to build. I have a thin piece of transparent blue acetate that I plan on using for the monitor screen, to give it some depth. Hopefully it works.

IMG_5911.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

IMG_5931.JPG