• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Terrible Too! '65 Chevy II FXer

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I am about to (FINALLY!) get this project off the bench. I began work on this before I moved to Minnesota. I accomplished a lot of this work while living there. Never took it over the hump. That's about to change! While awaiting a shipment for my '70 Chevelle, I will finish this one. At one time, this was going to be part of a diorama project, thus, it is pretty much a curbside deal. The diorama is also the explanation for the "rag" covering the injector. I think the "terrible towel" looks okay, so I won't be eliminating it (even though everything beneath it is detailed, sans hydraulic throttle linkage).

100_1933sm2.jpg

100_1934sm.jpg

100_1937cr.jpg

100_1941sm.jpg

Posted

Terrible towel in place.

100_3744web.jpg

100_3745web.jpg

100_3752web.jpg

Posted

A couple more engine shots. The project evolved, as far as its purpose, which is why some photos have the towel, and some, the scoop.

Eng1.jpg

Eng3.jpg

Posted

cool model.

Posted

I agree with Mark, cool !

Posted

Nicely done.

Posted

Cool stuff, love the gassers,you captured the look.

Posted

Very nice! I especially like the way you got the front wheels ALL the way forward in the openings, the way so many of the real early Nova funnies did. Nice touch!

Posted

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments! Well, Snake, gotta have that weight transfer!grin Going to try to get it done today!

Posted

neat  build

Posted

Terrific! Definitely captures the look of a privateer match racer from '66! Headers look so much better than the kit supplied sewer pipe.

Posted

Thanks, Walt! I appreciate that, coming from you. The kit headers are double butt-ugly!

Posted

Glad you finished it, it looks great.

Posted

Great engine work, great detail!

Posted

That turned out sweet, bet that blown big block would be a hand full. Do you remerber what color you used for the super charger? Good luck on your next project, Rick

Posted

Thanks, Edgar! It's not quite finished, but, I'm hoping for the end of the day, today! Thank you, Chris, much appreciated! Rick, thanks! As I recall, I used a color from PlastiCote's "Classic Metals" line. There are several of those that were great for modelers! One color was perfect for unpolished magnesium wheels. I found them at either Michael's or Walmart.

Posted

Finished 'er up, tonight! Oops! Just noticed I forgot the tank bracket bolts.

IMG_3058cr.jpg

IMG_3066cr.jpg

IMG_3071cr.jpg

IMG_3079cr.jpg

IMG_3080cr.jpg

IMG_3081cr.jpg

Posted

Pretty darned detailed for a humble diorama model. Love the finishes on the blower and the interior and the bracket holding the fuel tank. I prefer it without the towel because the motor looks so good, but the towel is well done, too, LOL! Very realistic looking AWB.

Posted

"Pretty darned detailed for a humble diorama model." Thanks, Bernard. That's because it's so dadgum difficult for me to just build something! It's always, "Gotta' add this. Oh! This would look cool! Let me try this!" I appreciate your kind words, as always. Originally, I had some apprehension about the towel, as well (it was one of the aspects of the model that played into the dio's theme), but, as the project wore on, across the better part of two decades, I finally looked at it as, "Well, I won't have to mess with throttle linkage, this way!" Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, but, I think I like the '34a little better.

Posted

Great job!! it has the right look.

Posted

WOW I like this!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Pretty cool pictures..!!! Really a great looking Nova.

Posted

VERY nice build on that "bowtie" Daniel.

Posted

Very nice Daniel.

Posted

WOW I like this!!!!!!!!!

X2