Model Cars Magazine Forum

Terrible Too! '65 Chevy II FXer

I am about to (FINALLY!) get this project off the bench. I began work on this before I moved to Minnesota. I accomplished a lot of this work while living there. Never took it over the hump. That's about to change! While awaiting a shipment for my '70 Chevelle, I will finish this one. At one time, this was going to be part of a diorama project, thus, it is pretty much a curbside deal. The diorama is also the explanation for the "rag" covering the injector. I think the "terrible towel" looks okay, so I won't be eliminating it (even though everything beneath it is detailed, sans hydraulic throttle linkage).

100_1933sm2.jpg

100_1934sm.jpg

100_1937cr.jpg

100_1941sm.jpg

Thanks, Edgar! It's not quite finished, but, I'm hoping for the end of the day, today! Thank you, Chris, much appreciated! Rick, thanks! As I recall, I used a color from PlastiCote's "Classic Metals" line. There are several of those that were great for modelers! One color was perfect for unpolished magnesium wheels. I found them at either Michael's or Walmart.

"Pretty darned detailed for a humble diorama model." Thanks, Bernard. That's because it's so dadgum difficult for me to just build something! It's always, "Gotta' add this. Oh! This would look cool! Let me try this!" I appreciate your kind words, as always. Originally, I had some apprehension about the towel, as well (it was one of the aspects of the model that played into the dio's theme), but, as the project wore on, across the better part of two decades, I finally looked at it as, "Well, I won't have to mess with throttle linkage, this way!" Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, but, I think I like the '34a little better.

• 2 weeks later...