Model Cars Magazine Forum

McNally's 1973 Ford Bronco

This is my '73 Ford Bronco painted with Tamiya TS-10 French Blue with a white interior.  The wheels and wheel covers have been replaced with units from the Moebius '71 Ford Ranger pickup.  I scratch-built a trailer hitch ball and modified the front edge decals from an upward slant to straight and level.  The air cleaner came from my parts box and the mufflers were painted to match Cherry Bomb mufflers.  I paired this model with a McNally, Boston PI story that I wrote called Bolton's Pride.

Bronco44.JPG

Bronco45.JPG

Bronco47.JPG

Bronco48.JPG

Bronco49.JPG

Bronco50.JPG

Bronco51.JPG

Bronco52.JPG

Bronco53.JPG

Bronco20.JPG

Edited by mrmike

Mrmike, you did a great job on your Bronco, love the color, oh yeah and that story ended as it should have.  The hitch is a great addition. 

Did you glue on the top? I tried to leave the top removable on one of my builds but it falls off without touching it, so either glued or just left them off on mine.

Thank you James and Mike!

Mike, I did not glue the top on.  You are correct that the top moves very easily, but it does look good either on or off the Bronco.  I think the hood comes off without even looking at it due to the lack of hinges.  I'm sure that if scale hinges were included with the kit, they would be so very small and extremely fragile.

Thanks guys!  This is a great kit.  Everything fits where it should and it was an easy build! 

Turned out really nice, I might have to be a copy cat and use the same color on mine. did you cut the decals to straighten them out?

Keith, I did cut the decals at the forward bend and then applied them so that they were straight instead of angling upwards.

Thanks Tony!  I was well aware of the decal issue when I had received the kit for Christmas and I did a little research on the actual shape.  It was only a simple snip and repostion in my eyes, but I'm sure someone else would want and do more than that.  Sometimes, it just that little things that mean a lot!