Model Cars Magazine Forum

BMW 2002 tii

martinfan5

Very smooth looking clearcoat, really makes the base pop. Did you use a 2 part clear urethane?

Thank you, yes, 2k clear ,Ā  I thinned it just a little bit with Mr Thinner and added a little bit of Mr Retarder to it,Ā  its not perfect, there are some tiny debris spots, but they are hard to see and I am lazy so they are staying.

Part one of all the trim done, what a pain that was, everything fit fine, it was tedious , and a lot of removing excess plating from the molding to get all of it to fit in the channels, I really was kicking myself last night for not having any of the Chrome Pens yet, really would of come in handy.

Up next is the BMF on the greenhouse, and then get this one finished up, the interior is done, just have not photograph its yet.
zqlyEq1.jpg
phWk2QQ.jpg

Ā 

After what seemed like a few hours, completed the window trim, more so a pain on this one, the trim lines in some spots, like top side of the windscreen, rear window, on the A-Pillars , and after putting the BMF, becomes even more faint, so it took a tad bit longer to get all the trim done, please note I suck at doing BMF, so its about is good as I am able to do with BMF for the time being. ( this why I like newer cars, no F*****BMF to deal with haha)
2usWujX.jpg
Z4OjlWF.jpg
And proof that I did in fact complete the interior.
i56vWjo.jpg
And a mock up
vczqMU0.jpg