Model Cars Magazine Forum

'51 Chev Fleetline Deluxe Restoration

Markalister

After a winter hiatus I'm back to making some progress.  I know winter is the time when stuck indoors lots of hobby work (usually) happens.  But with being laid off from work, getting a new job and adjusting to new work schedules etc. I couldn't get my mind on task.  The dust is settling and I have blown the dust off the Chevy. 

I got the front suspension finished and is now a roller.  Test fitting went great but after getting it all glued and assembled the drivers side wheel has a bit of a camber to it.  It is glued and pinned together so I am not going to disassemble it to try and fix it.  It will just have to be that way.  It also isn't nearly as obvious with the body on it so I think it will be ok.

20180419_173416.thumb.jpg.ac1f2c9ce6c4ade50f9600783ba064c9.jpg

I got the engine all finished as well.  Somewhere along the way I lost the coil so I scratched one out of a piece of sprue (turned in a drill with a jeweler's file).  Plug wires are made from stripped cat-5 wire and painted.  I'm 98% sure I got the firing order right.  The belts were shaved down as in scale they would have been well over and inch thick.  The fan and top of the air filter were painted with a Molotow pen.

20180419_181150.thumb.jpg.c5dff494a33c5efbd50343da6fe2ea1d.jpg

20180419_181234.thumb.jpg.21156540dfda17961f8faefb9a68b331.jpg

20180419_181244.thumb.jpg.4013f49cd77c0871c190a21d01d7e738.jpg

I'll let the paint dry for a bit and hopefully this evening I'll get the engine in, the exhaust hooked up and maybe if I really get on a roll I'll get the inner fenders and radiator all assembled.

Now if I could just get some decent lighting for my pics I'd be stylin' (the background is actually white).

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment.

Edited by Markalister