Model Cars Magazine Forum

SUPERNATURAL 67 Impala

RodneyBad

I saw these announced some time back but hadn't seen one yet. 1/24? I'm interested. Normally I don't care for 4-doors but my folks had a dark green '68--my alltime favorite car of theirs. This is about as close as I'll ever get to that.

Thanks for sharing it!

FINALLY, it's out in 1/24th. It was in 1/18th, 1/43rd and 1/64th. Everything but the right scale.....I have all the others now I need to get this one. I have the resin 4-door from Perry's Resin and will be building that but since this is my current fave car from my current fave TV show I have to have them all.

it looks for like 1/25-ish..

Just got lucky and found them at Toys R Us the other day.

$23..

Struck out at mine. The Toy Nerd working the aisle said they'd gotten at least one in, maybe three, but it/they were gone. I'll just order one online.

I checked one out on Ebay that showed the top of the box, it does show it as 1/24. Hope that helps.;):D

The TRU nerd told me they came packed with 1980 "Bandit" Trans Ams, which they still had several of and which were clearly 1/24, so I'm confident they're 1/24 (if you make sure you order the RIGHT one).

I checked one out on Ebay that showed the top of the box, it does show it as 1/24. Hope that helps.;):D

The TRU nerd told me they came packed with 1980 "Bandit" Trans Ams, which they still had several of and which were clearly 1/24, so I'm confident they're 1/24 (if you make sure you order the RIGHT one).

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine in the mail today. Have only had time for a quick look.

Overall shape and look are pretty impressive. They hosed the shape of the roof somehow--I think it's in the shape of the side window openings--but otherwise very nice. I saw some molding flash on the wheel spokes and taillight bezels, but that's easily taken care of. Doors and hood don't open, but the trunk does, with some kind of opening whacky weapons chest therein.

Photos and a more detailed review as soon as I get time. And then it will get some Snake-Fu.

I'll try to get some pics up this weekend, but I can't promise.

Now that I've seen it in person, I can see the problem in the photos above. The roof APPEARS to slope down from front to rear. It looks like it's either too tall at the front, or too short at the rear. But this MIGHT be an optical illusion caused by the top line of the side windows, which clearly slopes down where it shouldn't. It might be possible to correct this by filing that line back to a more correct shape--or at least improve the look a great deal. The problem with that sort of work of course is that you then have to come up with some way to replace the drip rail. Well, at least it's black, which means touchup should be easy to blend in, unlike many other colors.

If the thing were a plastic body, I'd convert it to a Bel Air/Biscayne 2-door sedan, but I don't think I have the skillset to do that in metal. I certainly don't have the PATIENCE to do it.

• 2 months later...

I did finally pick one of these up, it is definitely 1/24. One question, the one I have has the Impala emblems on the rear quarters, all others I've seen at various toy shows do not and the TV car doesn't either. Is this maybe an error version? Just curious. Thanks for any info you can provide.

11 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

For some reason, Greenlight stuck an Impala badge on the right rear flank. Does yours have it on both?

Pulled mine out and it only has it on the right side. It's just tampo. If you don't want it, it will come off with a little rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover or polish. 

10 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

The license plates are oddly underscale..the Blue Brothers 1/24th Monacos had the same issue. 

That seems to be a recurring thing for GreenLight...I asked one of their guys about it, and his best guess was that the factory they use needs larger than usual margins for their tampo printer