• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

stretched cando peterbilt rotator slider

13 posts in this topic

Posted

finally at the bench...plan is a 6 axle sliding rotator using the can do kit.  the kit has extra frame rails so stretching frame was not to bad.  got the bed sides stretched and sliding mechanism done and working. last pic shows where im going graphically IF I CAN MANAGE TO PRINT USABLE DECALS.  fenders, rear wheel flares and boom will be red...black frame...white cab, hood and bed...rear lift and outriggers will be black..not sure about interior-I don't want to just flat black it-maybe red and white with black seats?  comments about colors especially interior are welcome.   due to a stroke 3 yrs ago my abilities have declined so its far from perfect but is mostly straight and as close to square as I can get.

111_1904[1].JPG

111_1905[1].JPG

111_1906[1].JPG

peterb.jpg

Posted

I like your plans for this project and what you've done so far looks real nice!

Posted

Looking good so far Jeff, keep it going!!!!

Posted

Looking great keep the updates coming

Posted

Nice start and awesome work on stretching the bed and frame. That sliding rotator should be cool when done. Are you still planning on a second steer axle? 

You might want to check with Joseph at Fireball Modelworks for help with the decals. He used to produce some but I think he may have stopped doing them, it's worth an email.

Posted

thanks...ive almost got the 2nd steering axle ready for paint...so 2 st axles,2 drive axles, 1 dual wheel helper and 1 single wheel helper....tho ive not ruled out losing the single wheel helper in favor of a rear steering axle behind the 2 drive axles...

Posted

Looks like a great project! You've outdone my 5-axle by a mile, guess it's time for a 7-axle...:lol:

Posted

yes it is or a 8 axle

Posted

I fear you guys r gonna b disappointed when you see more...its not gonna b one of those precision engineering masterpieces...my skills r not at that level...and SOMEDAY I plan on using a russian k537 as platform for a heavy duty wrecker

Posted

Sounds like a plan you have

Posted

a it more progress...2nd steering axle, stretched driveshaft and 2nd helper axle ready for paint!!  just a few more things to do and I can start the plug n crank of glue,sand, paint and assemble!!  still undecided about interior color-any suggestions?

111_1907[1].JPG

111_1909[1].JPG

Posted (edited)

That's a serious project, Man...Looking pretty awesome....I think you've got the skills, Man....Everything looks great....

Edited by kilrathy10

Posted

Nothing wrong with your skills. As evidenced in the progress pics .

Be Well

Gator