Model Cars Magazine Forum

stretched cando peterbilt rotator slider

i do have memory issues...didn't I get this kit from you?  if so thanks again!

You sure did! I am watching this one closely as I am jealous of how you are bringing this one to life! I have the newer issue of this kit, still debating if I should try building it or selling it......

build it, man!!  its a great kit

Time is my demon. I have a bench full of started builds, some of them 10 years in the making!

I have an idea in my head for building a bunch of wreckers and flatbeds for a fictional towing company, just have to finalize the colors and trucks. I have multiples of almost every wrecker kit offered and even a couple of resin kits too!

Time is my demon. I have a bench full of started builds, some of them 10 years in the making!

I have an idea in my head for building a bunch of wreckers and flatbeds for a fictional towing company, just have to finalize the colors and trucks. I have multiples of almost every wrecker kit offered and even a couple of resin kits too!

my record is 13 yrs to build a kit...lol.  years ago I started a fictional auto shop/race car owner group.  my big wrecker project is to make a tow haul tow truck from the paystar 5000 dump truck kit...the can do would make a great flagship truck for your fleet...the can do kit will teach you patience.

don't you love it when you carefully research and plan a project and then realize halfway through that its not gonna work?  I realized I had the 2nd steering axle too far back which moving it forward will necessitate using the smaller fuel tanks pictured, fenders for this axle and steps for sleeper-maybe on the fender. ihad originally planned to have 2nd st axle centered under sleeper and using fuel tanks in the kit...oh well 59a6dbc43130e_111_19161.thumb.JPG.1d9549

That's the good thing about working with plastic, you can almost always improvise. Even following the carpenter's adage mistakes can still be made. I think it'll look great any way you go about it. I remember getting frustrated more than once when I was building my 1/16 wrecker years ago but I just kept chugging away at it.

protowrecker.jpg

That's the good thing about working with plastic, you can almost always improvise. Even following the carpenter's adage mistakes can still be made. I think it'll look great any way you go about it. I remember getting frustrated more than once when I was building my 1/16 wrecker years ago but I just kept chugging away at it.

protowrecker.jpg

did you scratch the bed? got any pics of it completed? that looks great

I did scratch build the wrecker bed and boom as well as the chassis of course. Naturally the whole thing was loosely based on the Can-Do. I don't want to hijack your thread with a bunch of pics but here are a few. The first photo is a "waiting for the chrome to come back from Chrome-Tech" shot...

wrecker2.JPG

Precision3.jpg

Precision4.jpg

Precision9.jpg

I did scratch build the wrecker bed and boom as well as the chassis of course. Naturally the whole thing was loosely based on the Can-Do. I don't want to hijack your thread with a bunch of pics but here are a few. The first photo is a "waiting for the chrome to come back from Chrome-Tech" shot...

wrecker2.JPG

Precision3.jpg

Precision4.jpg

Precision9.jpg

that's awesome...feel free to post any pic u lijke

wrecker2.JPG

Precision3.jpg

Precision4.jpg

Precision9.jpgthat's also a cool build nice wreckers guy's