Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finaly wrapped this one up. It's the old Italeri kit # 735. I got it for a steal on Ebay a few years ago, and started it late winter. Built it box stock with no additional detailing.

Turned out okay. I have to say, I'm not a fan of multi piece bodies! And I found some of the details really fiddly and tricky. Like the rear cab fairing supports. Those were a bugger to get right! And some of the engine details didn't fit quite right. Like the air cleaner assembly. Using the stock holes and slots in the frame wouldn't have worked, as the front inner fender, air cleaner, and intake pipe to the turbo were not all lining up, so I had to cut some tabs and move things around to make them fit. Other than that, no issues to speak of.

Paint is Tamiya right from the can; TS-18 Metallic Red, TS-38 Gunmetal.

The chassis and trim are four different shades of black. The bulk of which is a Duplicolour bumper paint.

The headlights and tail lights were BMF'd before being applied. 

All in all, I'm fairly happy with how it turned out. Next kit though will hopefully be something smaller, without the multi-piece body!

20170220 - 001 - box.jpg

IMG_20170808_2053597.jpg

IMG_20170808_2055059.jpg

IMG_20170808_2057194.jpg

IMG_20170808_2058356.jpg

Looks good.
Those fairing supports are no fun to mount irl either, to many things you have to do at once if you dont have the right tools for it...
Its still a pain if you have the right tools but not enough people helping you...

Looks like Italeri got the angle wrong where the windshield meets the roof, they dont have that indent in the roof where the sunvisor is supposed to be.
Its all a smooth line from the bottom of the windshield to the top of the roof.
Also not sure that they got the correct engine in it, the one we had at automotive school was a 93 and it did not have that.
Never seen one irl, all that i have worked on had the exhaust manifold + turbo on the passengerside and the aircleaner mounted behind the engine.

Those multipiece cabs can be a pain sometimes but i like building them instead of the solid cabs that can be warped in every possible direction and you have to put in many hours to fix that.

Thanks guys. So many things I'm not happy with on this build in terms of my skills, and I know a lot of the kit isn't accurate, but it looks pretty good on the shelf next to the Prostar. :)

No plans for a Euro trailer, but I do have the Revell car hauler trailer that I was planning on hooking up to this once it's done.