Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freaky Fast Fusion (wip)

martinfan5

I guess this almost going to be a out of box build, using the kit decals for this one,  I redid the fuel lines, kind of ish removed the one molded in, and replaced it with the correct two ( fuel line/return line) I also added the wedge adjustment bolts and track bar adjustment bolt, I used .88MM rod, thinking I need to go down one more size.   Also replaced the kit seat with one from previous NASCAR glue kits, and added one of the missing roll bars. 

Q58GEFn.jpg

EU7jCot.jpg

rmUjHBn.jpg

PjXOcEu.jpg

Added some wiring to the engine, again, I think I need to go down one size, used the new tubing from Tamiya and still waiting on the two smaller sizes, used .80. Pretty much used a bunch of different Metalizer paints on the engine.

0tRXf9w.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Looking good Jonathan. I think I have to agree with you on the tube sizing. The engine tubing definitely needs to be a bit smaller. I think the tubing on the chassis isnt too bad, and once the body is on it should be harder to tell, but one size down would likely looking better.

Looking forward to more.

David

Looking good Jonathan. I think I have to agree with you on the tube sizing. The engine tubing definitely needs to be a bit smaller. I think the tubing on the chassis isnt too bad, and once the body is on it should be harder to tell, but one size down would likely looking better.

Looking forward to more.

David

Yeah David, I am in complete agreement with you on the wire, It is too big and knew it but got all excited I supposed and went ahead using it anyways, I am going to pull it.   For the wedge adjustment ,  I might leave, its a lot closer than the wiring is :lol:,  but I do still think the next smaller size , .75mm , or .64mm

Edited by martinfan5

That's a very nice looking kit and build Jonathan.  For reference mm convert to 1/24 scale inches for all intent and purpose almost directly.  Therefore 0.75mm wire would equate to 0.75" (3/4") in scale.

Thank god for scale and conversion calculators ,  anyways, I am moving forward and removed the wiring.

Looks good Jon. I'm working on my second one, and I lowered it too, looks better. I think the adjustment bars look ok with the body on. Not nearly as large looking now.

The tubing I used is smaller then the ones that came in the last glue kits from Revell.  I still think I might go down one size still.

The first one is always an R&D kit if you will :lol:

Looking awesome. Great fix on the ride height. You'd think they could get that right but I guess not. If their coming out with a chevy glue kit it wont be good for next year now because  that car will be a Camaro ZL-1. I'm sure Ford will follow with a Mustang. Toyota doesn't have a pony car so I guess that will stay the same.

Looking awesome. Great fix on the ride height. You'd think they could get that right but I guess not. If their coming out with a chevy glue kit it wont be good for next year now because  that car will be a Camaro ZL-1. I'm sure Ford will follow with a Mustang. Toyota doesn't have a pony car so I guess that will stay the same.

The Chevy SS kits will be out in Nov of this year,  who knows if Revell with tool up the Camaro body.

Mustang I think will be a no brainer for Ford. If Chevy is going to run the Camaro, then Ford will have to go with the Mustang simply from a marketing standpoint. If Chevy is running a pony car, Ford will have to as well. As far as Toyota goes, resurrect the Supra brand and redesign it...well one can hope.

Paint looks good Jonathan. 

Looks perfect. You can probably just cut down the kit spoiler to get the low downforce spoiler you need. But I'm sure you knew that.

I was kind of thinking about just doing that ,  its not as wide as the ( for people that dont know, the kit spoiler is the superspeedway spoiler, Daytona/Talladega) low downforce spoiler. but its close enough I suppose.

Looking great Jonathan!

As far as the Camaro, it hasn't been a "pony car" for a long time, Mustang either for that matter.  They are as big and heavy as anything on the road these days.

You have a point there Bruce. A house that we walk by in the morning has a new Camaro and a 68 Camaro sitting on the driveway. The new one looks twice as big as the old one. I wish he would garage the old one. It seems a travesty to keep it out in the elements like that.