[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

This began with the '71 Ranger, I mixed and matched components from the other Moebius kits to get this down to a base model '70. I retained the '71's big block and auto, but the spares box coughed up a transfer case, front axle, and leaf springs. The wheels and tires came from Scenes Unlimited along with the hitch, while the Warn winch is an old KFS piece. For all the bellyaching I hear about warped hoods with this kit, this is only the second one I've gotten with one, and since this was a beater I didn't bother to try and straighten it because I liked the "tweaked" look. :) There's a CB unit, a dash mounted fan, and a brody knob on the steering wheel, too bad they're nearly impossible to see on the completed pickup.

Really less pleased with my mirrors every time I look at them, so I might redo those at some point. 

20728002_1983911541892901_75628104382991

20841173_1983911528559569_3925207067887020708341_1983911525226236_84809865729598

20728264_1983911611892894_24155082498701

Nice job Chuck, really like the stance and those wheels really make it look the part. I am not surprised that you weathered this one, your skills are outstanding.

Nice job Chuck, really like the stance and those wheels really make it look the part. I am not surprised that you weathered this one, your skills are outstanding.

x2

I always enjoy how you Michiganize your builds. That is quit a front bumper. Looks great.  

Very good looking build. Definitely looks like a Michigan truck!

Looks like the real deal!! I can almost hear the manifold gaskets leaking! Great work!!

This is excellent, a perfect match of technique and subject matter. It looks like a tough old beast. Your weathered paintwork looks the business, can I ask how you achieved that finish? Great photography too.

Thanks guys!

This is excellent, a perfect match of technique and subject matter. It looks like a tough old beast. Your weathered paintwork looks the business, can I ask how you achieved that finish? Great photography too.

The finish was obtained with the good old salt technique and some sanding. I also used the end of a toothpick to add some random scratches. The "smudge" on the driver's side door is just that- a smudge from my thumb left there from me gently nudging the cab back onto the paint stand... I liked how it looked so I didn't fix it. :)