• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AMT Models Show Off Hauler SuperSet

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi again after a lengthy absence 

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this kit and if any reviews exist

Thanks in avance

Chuck

627FCBFB-06D4-4904-A907-EFA5A7584D2F.png

Posted

I don't know of any reviews on this combo set but these was available as separate kits
AMT 6082 Chevrolet C-1500 Sportside Pickup
AMT 8216 Display Case Trailer
AMT 8213 Chevrolet Corvette Street Machine

Posted

They were all decent kits and built up nicely as I remember. As mentioned, they were also available individually and can probably be found on eBay. I might have all three of those in my stash, would have to check for sure. 

Posted

I don't know a lot about it other than the trailer used to be the MPC Super Trailer and also came in a double kit with the Ford MK IV. I built the trailer when first released in the 60's and it was extremely fussy. I expect with today's glues it would be easier. 

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Posted

Image result for AMT clear trailer

Image result for AMT 57 corvette

Image result for AMT chevy silverado  stepside pick up

Posted

Can't speak for the traile but the 57 Corvette and 1500 Chevy Sport Side are excellent kits.

Posted

Didn't get the superset.  Never even knew it was available.  I only bought the trailer.  The trailer builds well.  Everyone should look at the hubcaps for the trailer.  

The hubcaps are for a 1965 Dodge Coronet.  I wonder if anyone else noticed.  Wonder if Round 2 has the original tooling for the 65 Coronet somewhere in their vaults. 

Posted

Didn't get the superset.  Never even knew it was available.  I only bought the trailer.  The trailer builds well.  Everyone should look at the hubcaps for the trailer.  

The hubcaps are for a 1965 Dodge Coronet.  I wonder if anyone else noticed.  Wonder if Round 2 has the original tooling for the 65 Coronet somewhere in their vaults. 

Good point on those wheel covers.  The MPC 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 engine and chassis tooling (marketed as a q965 AMT annual kit) was largely reused for the 1966 MPC Charger annual kit, and its subsequent evolutions.   Not clear what happened, if anything, to the body and interior, but they have never been reissued in any form that I am aware of.  Others jump in if you know anything different.....TIM .  

Posted

They can also be used for the Jo-Han '64 Dodge - much more correctly shaped than the kit wheelcovers.