Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Models Show Off Hauler SuperSet

I don't know a lot about it other than the trailer used to be the MPC Super Trailer and also came in a double kit with the Ford MK IV. I built the trailer when first released in the 60's and it was extremely fussy. I expect with today's glues it would be easier. 

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Didn't get the superset.  Never even knew it was available.  I only bought the trailer.  The trailer builds well.  Everyone should look at the hubcaps for the trailer.  

The hubcaps are for a 1965 Dodge Coronet.  I wonder if anyone else noticed.  Wonder if Round 2 has the original tooling for the 65 Coronet somewhere in their vaults. 

Didn't get the superset.  Never even knew it was available.  I only bought the trailer.  The trailer builds well.  Everyone should look at the hubcaps for the trailer.  

The hubcaps are for a 1965 Dodge Coronet.  I wonder if anyone else noticed.  Wonder if Round 2 has the original tooling for the 65 Coronet somewhere in their vaults. 

Good point on those wheel covers.  The MPC 1965 Dodge Coronet 500 engine and chassis tooling (marketed as a q965 AMT annual kit) was largely reused for the 1966 MPC Charger annual kit, and its subsequent evolutions.   Not clear what happened, if anything, to the body and interior, but they have never been reissued in any form that I am aware of.  Others jump in if you know anything different.....TIM .  

• 2 years later...
On 8/12/2017 at 4:21 PM, SlotDaddy1963 said:

Hi again after a lengthy absence 

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this kit and if any reviews exist

Thanks in avance

Chuck

627FCBFB-06D4-4904-A907-EFA5A7584D2F.png

I also have this kit that's been buried in my stash for years... I never did anything with it..... ?

Maybe I should start.....?

FWIW, here's a review of the trailer posted on eBay:  

"Terribly made. Lots of trimming and sanding. The clear box lid doesn’t fit over the sides. Sides are longer than the top. 1/25 scale model car won’t fit inside anyway. Will work as a flat trailer but not as a case."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MPC-Super-Trailer-Clear-Display-Case-1-25-scale-model-kit-new-909-/193583784989

I grabbed those trailers when I could find them cheap, mostly for the accessories and hinged storage box.  Figured if I ever built one as a trailer, I would paint it anyway and not leave it clear.  Clear plastic is always...problematic.