Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scam 'Bay Listings?

As a buyer on ebay.....follow the rules......NO CHANCE OF GETTING BURNED

I have bough a number of items from outside the USA.....out of ten two were scammers......BUT I played by the rules and got a 100% refund.....an announce....yes.....but not loss of cash at all. 

I you get burned by a seller on ebay.....you might want to stop using it. 

Now if you sell on ebay.....THAT'S the scammer warnings we NEED

I use ebay quite a bit but normally only from the US. That being said I have ordered a couple times from Japan and China and a Cobra kit from Russia I had never seen before. No problems. I just last week bought a resin kit from the UK. Seller has great feedback and the only listing I ever saw for a Jocko streamline dragster. Hopefully I get it.

I've sold and bought tons of things on ebay, including Canada and overseas both ways, never got burned. Once my account was hacked and used to list a scam item, but that was mainly my fault for having the password 93cobra. Duh, learned that lesson quickly. Common sense reigns supreme anywhere online.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it looks like that one bit the dust! :D

I saw that auction recently by another LEGIT seller, and now this joker comes along trying to hijack it and put it in a bogus auction. Lately, when I see these bogus auctions, I just report them (like the one above) and it's comical to see them in your watch list only to come back a short time later and ZAP!!------they're history. ;)

Thanks for starting this thread.  Last weekend there was a listing out of China for the More American Graffiti "Milner's Dragster" for the paltry sum of $24.99 on a buy it now.  I tried to buy it now, thankfully it didn't go through. So I tried to contact the scam artist asking what the trouble was and why the sale wouldn't go through blah, blah..

after that I saw this thread, knew what the deal was.  So I tried contacting again, telling them that if they didn't make  contact within the next 24 hours that I was through dealing with them.  Even before the time was up I turned the "Auction" in to eBay as a possible fraud, it was down within an hour or two so they must have thought so too!

starting to get like it was in th early days of EvilBay when there were a few stalkers on there who tried to scam people into sending cash instead of money orders.  eBay rooted them out pretty quickly too.