Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy Stepside w/(custom made grill) and stacks

I still need the raidiator for it but otherwise done. I bought the kit as it was slightly started. The cab,bed was never painted, The Chassis was built, as were the engine and interior. I also bought a couple of bags of engines and other parts. The engine I used was a built 77-80 Camaro engine, The grill and stacks were on their parts tree, Unknown what kit they were from.

DSC02008.JPG

DSC02009.JPG

DSC02011.JPG

DSC02012.JPG

DSC02013.JPG

DSC02014.JPG

Very nice. The grill is different than any I have seen before, is a combination or as you found it.  

the grill is a combination from the part's tree grill and tube grill from the same parts tree, Also there are a set of hubs with three bar knock off's  They are either ford or GM . The bow tie on the grill came with the 55 Pickup.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good Rick.. The white roof on the cab sets it off nicely and the grille is a nice touch as well. I really like the 55-59 body style - especially the '58/'59's with the quad headlights. Revell or AMY needs to come out with a '58/9 Chevy step side or long wheel base fleet side. But your build looks great!