Model Cars Magazine Forum

1954 chevy 3100

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the one I have is from MRM..

bought it at Auto Motif about 7-8 yrs ago.

It is a complete cab conversion.

If you sub the bed sides (only)from The AMT 55/57

stepside kits you can build an early '55 of course

use open drive.shaft not the torque tube from the '50 kit

Edited by camaroman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i got mine bout 6 month ago. tryin to remember the site. i do remember that they had jus discontinued it bout 2 days b 4 i came across it, but was lucky enough to email them and get opne done for me.

50pu051.jpg

50pu052.jpg

50pu053.jpg

probably Drag City Casting formerly known as F&F resin.... i just paid for the "Last of the Mohicans" last week :(

probably Drag City Casting formerly known as F&F resin.... i just paid for the "Last of the Mohicans" last week :rolleyes:

i believe your right. what was cool is that i took off the front grille to get it chromed and i used the sewing thread and it only took bout 10 to 15 min. :angry: the resin was ez to work with and very clean :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I built mine years ago, but I forgot who made it and where I got it from. You guys are correct, the 54 is the first year of the solid windshield. The dash is different as well, but the correct dash came with the kit. Another change is the door handles. 54 had push button handles, not the twist type. Another major difference is the bed rails are flat, not angled. I used the bed sides from the AMT 55 stepside truck.

post-2306-1224392891_thumb.jpg

I built mine years ago, but I forgot who made it and where I got it from. You guys are correct, the 54 is the first year of the solid windshield. The dash is different as well, but the correct dash came with the kit. Another change is the door handles. 54 had push button handles, not the twist type. Another major difference is the bed rails are flat, not angled. I used the bed sides from the AMT 55 stepside truck.

post-2306-1224392891_thumb.jpg

ok there's one difference i didn't know.... thanks for the tip :D:)

my order just came in from Drag City Casting and it isn't listed on their Home Page anymore...

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

came exactly like this out of the package.... no cleanup yet but great so far.... beats some of my older revell kits ;):P

• 6 years later...

It's too bad that somebody doesn't step up to the plate and cast this truck again.

my order just came in from Drag City Casting and it isn't listed on their Home Page anymore...

I'd suggest contacting Ed Fluck of Drag City to ask if he still makes the '54 cab.