• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Revell 1980 Dodge Ramcharger

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Started this one a few days ago. With the exception of the transfer case, it is all going together well. I had to trim a lot off of the transfer case so that the frame would sit tight against the bottom of the interior tub. First color (Tamiya Pearl Light Blue) of the 2-tone paint job went down very nice. Hope I don't mess up the second color (Model Master GTS Blue Pearl). You can see it on the sides of the interior tub. I find it is fairly easy to get runs with the Model Master rattle cans. Will need to keep repeating "Light Mist Coats" as I am spraying it. Not 100% sure what I am going to do with the interior. Will probably go with a blue that is in between the two shades of the exterior. I may also use the Pearl Light Blue (it is a nice looking color) with dark blue carpet.

DSC 0329

Posted (edited)

Testers Model Master Intermediate Blue would tie the colors together pretty well. It's a military color used on early/ mid war U.S. navy aircraft. It's a blue-ish gray color, and it's a semi gloss so it can be toned down to not look too shiny. Great start to a good kit. 😎

Edited by bismarck

Posted

Nice start, like the color choices. I have a couple of those to build, haven't decided on colors yet but am thinking one might be a beater as I try my hand at weathering.

Posted

Was your body straight? Mine had a crazy warp to it. Had Revell send me a replacement, which is nice and striaght.

I like your colour choices.

Posted

Yes, both of the kits I bought had straight bodies. I had my LHS bring them in for me when they first came out. I mentioned that there were issues with warped bodies and the owner told me to go ahead and check before I left the store with them. He wasn't going to let me leave with them if they were warped.

Posted

I like your color choices should look good when done.