Model Cars Magazine Forum

K&R Kustoms+Rods 33/36 Coupe -update Halloween

Time to start (or drag out a started) new project. This is a build KK and I started about 3 years ago when I was up at his place. We took the AMT 1936 five window coupe, hacked off the greenhouse and grafted on the chopped 3 window greenhouse from the AMT 1936 coupe. So, now I am attempting to get this going again. I made some relief cuts in the rear trunk area and tucked the trunk in a bit to give it a more '32 look (done in 1:1 scale by Rolling Bones Hot Rod Shop). I have been mocking up a blown Y-Block engine for it. The plan is to make the front end somewhat '36ish by using '36 hood sides (from the Revell kit) and the AMT custom grille piece which will be heavily modified to look somewhat like a track nose...stay tuned...   -RRR (& KK)

IMG_1457-vi.jpg

IMG_1458-vi.jpg

IMG_1463-vi.jpg

IMG_1467-vi.jpg

IMG_1468-vi.jpg

IMG_1469-vi.jpg

IMG_1606-vi.jpg

IMG_1608-vi.jpg

IMG_1613-vi.jpg

IMG_1644.JPG

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat

If you are planning to maintain that super low stance you must be planning a deeply channeled interior floor plan.That will probably will also include a radical frame kick up right behind the seats.I am not suggesting that you do any of these things but thinking out loud about what I would do.I love the precision of your slices and dices on the panel fits.Great inspiration for those of us that prefer to build these iconic cars from the 1920's and '30's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't posted up progress pix on this one for a long time. Progress has been slow, motivation has been slight. I decided to use the AMT '33 five window coupe frame. I cut out all of the floorboards, cleaned it up, bobbed the rear rails and kicked them up. I added a tranny/driveshaft tunnel to the interior tub. Rear axle housing has been fabbed up, will be using a QC rear end with a Model T spring and a Model A spring perch. Last night I started '36ing the '33 hood... -RRR

IMG_2013.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG