Lotta work although it may not look like it;

- Added 1.5mm to rear fenders

- Cut open rear engine cover

- Sanded the many mold/seem lines that appeared after a few coats of primer

- Added front oil cooler opening

- Added front and side skirts

- Refurbished a Revell 308 engine

- Covered head light and louvered front sections

I've pretty much settled on HRM Ferrari comp wheels/tires.

I also drilled out an extra exhaust hole as there was only one.

IMG_2665.JPG

Edited by aurfalien

I have a set of those wheels that are on the #8 car, if you wanted to use them....

Hello Sir and thank you.

Thank you for the kind offer however you've been generous with me with that F40LM kit so I cannot really ask for any thing more.

BTW are those wheels on the #08 car the Longchamp XR4?

I love this project! That windshield can be fixed with very fine sandpaper and Novus polishing compound. Here is an example. I built a road going Testarossa but the kit supplied windows had a slider, which I sanded off then polished clear.

Thank you sir.

I was having a grand time polishing the windshield as yes, your methods do indeed work.  It was looking sweet however in the finishing stages I totally cracked it in half!

No biggy, I made some from Evergreen.

Love the progress Brian !!!!!

Could use more than one pic my friend :D

Thank you sir.

I'll snap another pic or 3 soon.

Edited by aurfalien

Hello Sir and thank you.

Thank you for the kind offer however you've been generous with me with that F40LM kit so I cannot really ask for any thing more.

BTW are those wheels on the #08 car the Longchamp XR4?

First off, I think you are doing a great job on this build!!, secondly, you DIDNT ask for anything, I volunteered to let you have the wheels if you wanted them:) I like helping fellow modelers when i can. Cant wait to see more of this one!!!!      -sorry, I have no idea what they call the wheels on the #8 car, but I do know that I have a set of thom from a Hasegawa Mazda LeMans racer kit.

Great build. Following this.

Thank you sir.

I was having a grand time polishing the windshield as yes, your methods do indeed work.  It was looking sweet however in the finishing stages I totally cracked it in half!

No biggy, I made some from Evergreen.

Thank you sir.

I'll snap another pic or 3 soon.

I know that feeling! Clear parts are a pain sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Eh screw it, I made some ok pics now.

Few things, I decided to save the engine for another build having an open trunk being a 308 Koenig.  Its far too pretty of an engine to mostly hide.

So I made my own top half only including using a center punch to flare out some tubing I cut.  I also made little center venturis for the carbs.

It will be obscured by the aluminum mesh you see pictured.

I swapped the seat from spare parts of a Fujimi F40.  I also added some aluminum tape to reflect some interior fromage.

So far so good.  Once I'm done with this, I'm going to dedicate the rest of the year for tribute build to my dear friend CrazyEd.  But I simply MUST finish this Ferrari first.

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2686.JPG

IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

Edited by aurfalien

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Ok I've spent many hours of surface prep getting it to a nice smooth sheen.

I used Archer decals to simulate vents where the head lights went.

After much testing on plastic spoons, I've chosen Tamiya flat red thinned with there lacquer as it looks and feels fab!

Will apply tomorrow so wish me luck as I've stripped this body 4 times already and after much practice, I'm ready for the the prize fight.

IMG_2714.JPG

I've stripped the wheels 3 times and destroyed a set of Harolds beauties in the process :(

But here they are, using Vallejo Liquid Gold thinned and airbrushed using Tamiya lacquer.  It will not brush due to how bad a shape it's in.

The pot is like syrup and Vallejo was supposed to send me a free replacement as they said it was old and bad when I bought it.  But I made it work.

IMG_2715.JPG

Edited by aurfalien