Model Cars Magazine Forum
ZHOT1

AMT Vintage Silhouette

fullsizeoutput_50ba.thumb.jpeg.523d3e84cfullsizeoutput_50bb.thumb.jpeg.83cb98902fullsizeoutput_50bc.thumb.jpeg.dd9ef5029fullsizeoutput_50bd.thumb.jpeg.7f94f0f88fullsizeoutput_50be.thumb.jpeg.2e9a7444afullsizeoutput_50bf.thumb.jpeg.4ce358f41IMG_7410.thumb.JPG.6c8fef7ce70c9e3eb6d4eAMT Silhouette that appears to be complete ,not built but some parts separated from trees . Box damage, decals unusable, some chrome degradation, but everything else seems to be in good shape. Just wondering what it is worth in this condition, is it rare? I will post pics, let me know your thoughts.

IMG_7417.thumb.JPG.b6bb5a6db9223a79b06bc

Edited by ZHOT1

Not really a rare kit it been reissued a number of times. My guess is ten dollars given the condition of box, decals and chrome. 

the only rare thing about your kit is the box ( only if in mint condition ) other then that the kit is not rare at all.

Not really a rare kit it been reissued a number of times. My guess is ten dollars given the condition of box, decals and chrome. 

Agree. 

I've always liked this odd Silhouette box art, with the Zerex anti-freeze product tie in:

AMTSilhouetteZerex.jpg

silhouettezerex.jpg

AMT1045%20Silhouette%20SS.jpg

Edited by Casey

They showed Wonderful World of Wheels to us on movie day when I was in 4th grade. I got in trouble for yelling "Hey, It's the Silhouette!" I think Lloyd bridges was the host.

Edited by samdiego

I have that box somewhere- a little beat up and somebody smeared silver paint on one corner. The kit itself was partially built up and has since been dispersed all over the place but the box is still around. :)

On 9/5/2018 at 5:16 PM, Casey said:

I've always liked this odd Silhouette box art, with the Zerex anti-freeze product tie in:

AMTSilhouetteZerex.jpg

silhouettezerex.jpg

I had one of those. I ended up selling it on eBay to none other than John Greczula of Round2.

Think I had a Hot Wheels of this.  First time I have seen a model kit!  Yes, build it!!!!