Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another FNG reporting in

I'm retired military and now somewhat disabled, with plenty of time on my hands (or however much the Good Lord decides I deserve as one of Uncle Sam's out-to-pasture slaughter dogs).  I've been building models and miniatures of all types since I was six years old.  I got into seriously collecting die-cast cars a few years back then decided to try my hand at modifying existing vehicles and building a few new ones from kits.  My primary automotive interests are muscle cars from the '60s and early '70s, with a special emphasis on the 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T (a car I once owned as a young airman).  I think I've got every credible die-cast of this vehicle that's ever been made in either 1/24th or 1/25th scale plus a B5 Blue 1/18th scale T/A version.  My secondary hobbies include collecting military firearms and restoring vintage Fender guitar amps.  To satisfy my visceral automotive urges I own and drive a restored '69 SS396 Chevelle coupe -- LeMans Blue with a black vinyl roof, black side stripes, and black interior.  I look forward to visiting this forum often and learning the tricks to make my modeling pursuits that much more enjoyable.   

DSCN1179AAA.JPG

Glad to see we have another "Flyboy" in our midst.  I gave them 21 years, retired in '89.  Really nice Chevelle, my holy grail is a '65 Chevelle SS with a 327 4 speed in Tahitian Turquoise.  I owned one with a 283, really loved that car.  Looking forward to some of your builds, so "kick the tires and light the fires."

• 4 weeks later...