Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Spoiler Shots-04/13

I've got a couple of ideas bouncin' around in my head about another modernized "Street Demons" build but this one will be centered around the Foose platform. I'll see what I can come up with to tweak things / shake things up a bit with this one. :wink:

In order to stay within the 3 month guideline for the online contest at another site I'm going to have to go mostly OOB with this one with the exception of a couple of changes. I'll be going with the OOB engine but may stray from the OOB color scheme on it. Secondly, I cannot stand the wheel / tire set up in the box so I've already made the necessary mods to accept the wheel tire arrangement while still using the OOB suspension with a tweak or two.

After playing around with the stance and finding some lower profile front skinny tires for it I've got the look narrowed down.

I'm thinking a deep black paint job with some silver tinted ghost flames. Yeah........we'll be calling this one.............Demon II

Edited by mustang1989

Wow... sounds like a winner to me. Looking forward to following this one along.

Thanks Jeremy.

Well folks, I was at home for two days this week sick. While I wasn't feeling good I thought I would do something that made me feel better, mood wise anyhow.

I started by tackling pretty much the only modification that I'll be undertaking with this project which'll be mini tubbing out back for the larger meats that I'll be throwing under the back and narrowing the rear end. I robbed the tubs from the AMT 65 Nova kit which is now my "go-to" for all Pro Street projects it seems.

I made the necessary cuts in the bed floor and the bed sidewalls. The cuts are a little dicey but they'll be hidden on the topside by a tub and on the bottom by a giant ass tire.

and then made the necessary cuts to the Nova chassis and cut the width of the tubs down to size as well as trim/ clean all the edges of the tubs up.

Here we are test fitted and ready to go. This is about a weeks worth of work normally that I've now got out of the way.

Rear end is narrowed and set further upwards into the chassis in the name of lowering it even more. Had to make a number of mods to get the tire to fit in the fenderwell but I got it done. Here's the way it's going to sit in there:

I've got an order in now for a Texas license plate that reads "DEMON II" and a decal for the rear window and front bumper that'll be clear except for the graphics and will look like so. Sorry Dodge fans.....it was just too dang appropriate!;)

Edited by mustang1989

Thanks Andy.

I knew from the beginning that I'd have to pull some sort of fancy foot work to get all this to "jive". Links are now located on the inside of the frame rails instead of the outside but the exhaust will clear on both sides. Truthfully, I don't know how feasible this setup would be in the real world but that's how it's going to be on this ride.  Now to remove everything and clean all those nasty seam lines and injector pin marks up! The exhaust reeks of seam/ mold lines.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in town after the hurricane fellas. I got the place as ready as I could and me and my family got tha hell outta Dodge till Sunday. All is ok here with little damage but there are parts of the Coastal Bend that are really BAAAAAAAD. Same goes for Houston with the flooding. We were supposed to get the hurricane AND  the backlash flooding but it moved north. Thoughts and prayers for those folks in Houston are ongoing as the flooding is horrible up there.

Back at the bench and will be resuming the build.

Back in town after the hurricane fellas. I got the place as ready as I could and me and my family got tha hell outta Dodge till Sunday. All is ok here with little damage but there are parts of the Coastal Bend that are really BAAAAAAAD. Same goes for Houston with the flooding. We were supposed to get the hurricane AND  the backlash flooding but it moved north. Thoughts and prayers for those folks in Houston are ongoing as the flooding is horrible up there.

Back at the bench and will be resuming the build.

Glad you and the family are okay, the images from TV are heartbreaking to say the least.

This is going to be a nice truck when you are done, I am liking what you have done so far!

Thanks Mike and Tom.

Rear suspension completed. I had to shorten the shocks a lot to match up with the differential reposition up into the chassis as well as relocate the links on the inside of the frame instead of the outside.

004_zps09yoedcw.jpg

This kit is the perfect platform for a Pro Street kind of look. Just look at all the beef from the rear of the truck.

003_zpspr93vlb7.jpg

A frontal oncoming view:

002_zpsytepds4a.jpg

and the going away view: I'm VERY happy with the outcome so far.

001_zpszskd8o6f.jpg

That truck is sweetly you nailed the stance. WOW!!!!!

vince

Thanks Vince.

Well folks it looks like Hobby Lobby had another one of these back in stock today. I used my birthday money to get it ..............after the 40% off coupon of course.

After getting the chassis/ suspension setup the way I want it, it looks like I'll be able to use that information on that chassis redo that I wanted after all. ^_^ I'll be back soon with a very cleaned up version of the chassis that I have here.

Edited by mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...

I've started on the engine build up for this truck and have to say that it's a fairly complete engine with lotsa detail. The only thing I didn't like about it was that stoopid hole in the oil pan for the metal axle to go through. Such a good kit so far too!!! I can't imagine why Revell thought that this was a good idea. Oh well, I filled the holes in and moved on.......................

Progress so far...............

001_zpswi51zfex.jpg

Folks I have to say that this is one of the best engines I've ever put together in terms of overall look and fit. Revell really did a fine job on this one aside from that hole in the oil pan.
I did have a photo of the engine with the belts on and all but it looked like a 5 year old painted the belts so off that part came and went in the brake fluid for a total redo on the pulleys and belts. Here we are so far minus the drive belt/ accessory pulley system in place:

•  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:06 AM, Intmd8r said:

Always thought the stance of the original "street demons" kits looked a little awkward. Love the concept and the execution so far.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Steve. Been away from the bench and forums for around 3 months now. I've got the 409 project finished and I'll be back on this one as soon as I get my garage done that I'm building here. Looking forward to working with the plastic again.

Edited by mustang1989

• 1 month later...