Model Cars Magazine Forum

Insane automobile

NYLIBUD

I saw this wild car at a local show this past weekend,It was at an old street car racing stomping grounds,,The good old DPA{Deer Park Ave,located in Babylon NY.Every Sat night,since about a year,ago,..I think a local car club has been putting on the show since.

image.jpeg

That certainly is an insane looking vehicle Ron.  

I left L.I. in 2006 because we could no longer afford the ridiculously high R.E. taxes and LIPA's electric rates.  I used to own a '59 Dodge Coronet and would meet friends at cruise nights all the time.  Back in the late 90's the DPA cruise in the Pathmark shopping center was great...... until the Tuners started showing up doing burnouts right in front of the supermarket...... That cruise location got shut down for a while.  We'd also go to the Bald Hill cruise night run by the local F.D., and the Bellmore Train Station on Friday nights.... Great memories:D

One of my early PC-leaning teachers used to recommend that "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

So instead of commenting, I guess I'll just go wash my eyes out.

I didn't pay much attention to learning social norms so I'll say: 'that thing is an aberration and affront to car lovers'.

That certainly is an insane looking vehicle Ron.  

I left L.I. in 2006 because we could no longer afford the ridiculously high R.E. taxes and LIPA's electric rates.  I used to own a '59 Dodge Coronet and would meet friends at cruise nights all the time.  Back in the late 90's the DPA cruise in the Pathmark shopping center was great...... until the Tuners started showing up doing burnouts right in front of the supermarket...... That cruise location got shut down for a while.  We'd also go to the Bald Hill cruise night run by the local F.D., and the Bellmore Train Station on Friday nights.... Great memories:D

Actually,This picture was taken about a week or two ago in the same parking lot where the Pathmark was at one time.Dpa will never be the same as it was back in the 80s-90s.It was like every other parking lot was jammed with hot rods.Then like u mentioned,the imports/rice burners,and a whole younger crowd came around,and ruined it for everyone.It seemed like overnight,DPA,became a ghost town..Well now about a year ago,guys started to hang out in the old PathMark parking lot again.And now the old lot fills up on Sat night with hundreds of cars.They are an older crowd,with very few imports,or street racing.So far so good.Now,as far as the Bellmore train station,it too fills up as it has for years,on Friday nights.It did however close down briefly a few years ago,after a tragic accident between a child and a motorcycle.But,it's back,and its hopping.And of course Bald Hill is also around still,and fills up every Monday night.The only problem is,that there are way too many imports,and young punks,and not enough real hot rods...I don't bother going there any longer.It was great a few years ago,when the local FD ran it.But not anymore.Plus they charge $10 just to park.There are a lot of cruise spots across Long Island,almost every night of the week,to hang out with fellow car enthusiasts...I just hope it stays that way.Hot Rods,and good people,the way it should be.I guess everyone grew up a little,and having fun..Lol