Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell bronco off roader (UPDATED 9/12)

Started back again yesterday I've used the sport doors from Olson bros. added a 2" body lift from fireball resins and have the 3.5" suspension lift coming. I went to fit the resin hood and found it to be warped and the Olsen bros. kindly replaced it so it's coming with the rear quarters that have the  large wheel openings and the bumpers I've bought lots from both these vendors and you can't ask for better stuff. Since I had some time I started cutting the stock hood out and put a teardrop scoop on it and kinda like it so I might just use it and save the resin hood for another bronco!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by vintagedragcrazy

Hey Alan they were easy to do if you take your time and follow the directions you get with them it goes good! I'm waiting on the rear quarters they sell now there is a bunch of resin parts out there! I've bought from both the Olson bros. and fireball resins with great luck both awsome vendors with quality parts!

vince

Got a little more done today! I decided to go with the 390 from the ford fairlane kit so I built a tunnel ram with 2 Holley 4 barrels. Finished the hood and cut out rear wheel wells I got the resin rear fenders but since I already had the doors in place I decided to just cut them out. More updates but I'm still waiting on parts!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Got some more done on the bronco 5.5" lift, mud King tires, alumiumn slots. I have most of engine done I used a 390 from the ford fairlane kit scratch built an alumiumn tunnel ram intake and using two of fireball holleys on it. Won't be long and it will be in the paint booth. Also starting building a full roll cage today!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks mike and Kerry for your kind words I did get some more done so I have pics of the bronco as of this morning I won't get anymore work on it till Monday now and things are going to slow down a little I ordered the pain from automotivetouchup.com and it's going to be a little while it's going to be k5 1970 vitamin C metallic orange. Anyway here's some more pics!

vince

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey tom I looked them up and here's the numbers of what I used FMR-107 five slot mags $6 and FMR-070 mud king tires $12 he has lots more than that I have about five or six different ones but chose these for this build but you can't go wrong with any of them. Also if you want one for a spare joseph will sell you the fifth ones and that makes it nice if you want to hang the spare on the back!!!

Vince

Hey tom I looked them up and here's the numbers of what I used FMR-107 five slot mags $6 and FMR-070 mud king tires $12 he has lots more than that I have about five or six different ones but chose these for this build but you can't go wrong with any of them. Also if you want one for a spare joseph will sell you the fifth ones and that makes it nice if you want to hang the spare on the back!!!

Vince

THANKS VINCE, YEAH, I'VE BOUGHT FROM JOSEPH BEFORE, POVERTY CAPS & THOSE DOOR HANDLES THAT HAVE UNBELIEVABLE DETAIL