Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airbrush paint for bodies

Jeremy, I have had great luck with using "CREATEX", also like VALLEJO "MODEL COLOR"  Acrylic Model Masters in the bottle too is a very good product that is acrylic I like that they are water based not solvent based. I have lost too many brain cells using the solvent based paints so they are goners as far as I am concerned.   
These are all very good for airbrushing. Problem???  Wet rag cleans it up quickly, not to mention easy cleanup of your airbrush...no brainers
MCW is very good if your looking to match manufacturer's paint colors. 
Another paint I like to use allot is "SCALE FINISHES".  I think that he has the best color matching paints for almost any year or model of car or truck. If not he will make it for you. It goes through an AirBrush  like water off a duck. Very smooth.  Very good Enamel paint. 

Edited by cobramike
more info

I like MCW. :)

I do too, but it can get expensive. I always get at least 2 bottles when I order a color. Better to have a little left over than to come up just a little short.

Remember that you have to plan ahead when using some of the automotive paint suppliers. It can take 4-6 weeks to get sometimes.