Model Cars Magazine Forum

Headlights

My weapon of choice for this is Tacky Glue (available at Walmart), which is sort of a super-Elmer's. But I've also used Elmer's and epoxy. The two things you DON'T want to use are tube model glue, and any kind of superglue (CYA) unless it's specifically called "fog free."

Edited by Snake45

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, NOBLNG said:

I searched "gluing chrome" and came up with zero results? So... when gluing these headlights into a chromed grill, do I have to remove the chrome or not? I've always thought that the chrome had to be removed for glue to stick.

It depends upon which type of glue you are using. Now, you should not use anything like a liquid cement, tube glue, Ambroid Pro Weld, superglue, etc. as that will melt the clear plastic, so stick with something without a strong solvent component to it (lots of suggestions above), and apply directly to the lens edges of the headlight "bucket" edges, then place the lens, You aren't looking for a strong, chemical bond in this case, just something which will allow the lens to stay in place and not leave any clouding, etc. on the lens.

• 4 weeks later...