Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 64 Dodge 330 stock and 64 Plymouth Belvedere

moparfarmer

They go together well, but appearance wise the cowl and windshield are too straight, so the windshield looks rectangular.  That's the biggest flaw for me and since I became aware of it, they just don't look right at all.  Compare with the old Johan bodies, which were much better. 

Edit - Tim Boyd posted some good comparison pics here:

http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/first-look-at-all-n/new-moebius-65-plym-1/new-moebius-65-plym/dsc-0827.html

Edited by dodgefever

They go together well, but appearance wise the cowl and windshield are too straight, so the windshield looks rectangular.  That's the biggest flaw for me and since I became aware of it, they just don't look right at all.  Compare with the old Johan bodies, which were much better. 

Edit - Tim Boyd posted some good comparison pics here:

http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/first-look-at-all-n/new-moebius-65-plym-1/new-moebius-65-plym/dsc-0827.html

Yea, when you see the top view the Lindberg does look rectangular..The JoHan does look the most realistic..

This shot here bugs me to death about the Moebius body................ :blink:

DSC 0840

I do not like at all how the windshield header in the Moebius body "curls up" when it should be flatter like the Johan body. Also, that deep sweep in the cowl bothers me too. I'd definitely have to fix that if the time comes for me to build the two door Satellite kit I have.

A new windshield would be in order since I'm changing the dimensions but no worries-----I've done that before! ;)

This shot here bugs me to death about the Moebius body................ :blink:

I do not like at all how the windshield header in the Moebius body "curls up" when it should be flatter like the Johan body. Also, that deep sweep in the cowl bothers me too. I'd definitely have to fix that if the time comes for me to build the two door Satellite kit I have.

A new windshield would be in order since I'm changing the dimensions but no worries-----I've done that before! ;)

That's precisely why I don't have the Moebius kit. The Belvedere would have been a sure sale if had been done more correctly; roof/glass/cowl design issues are too cartoonish for me to bother, it's not enough of a grail for me to bother to fix it. I have plenty of other models to build so it's not a big deal to move onto something better. Guess there's no reliable way to predict how big/visible flaws limit overall sales, but I'm sure it's a factor.