Model Cars Magazine Forum

I was not really sure to post this car

Take a look at this automobile.I have no idea who made it,or what it's worth.Is there anyone who knows whose car this is,was,the year,the maker,and what the car is worth,if it's still around?I've never seen any type of car like this.you either love it,or despise it.Either was,you have to praise the workmanship of this car.image.thumb.jpeg.13ab466e97bdb9688e96334a

This car was featured as Captain Nemo's car in the movie "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" The Nautilus Car was designed by Carol Spier and was entirely custom made for the production. The chassis is from a Land Rover fire engine. A fibreglass body was then added and a steel sub frame then constructed in the engine bay to house a Rover V8.

This information was included with paper work and articles that came with a rather hard to find kit from Wave that I've had for years.

Edited by Phirewriter

Very cool! I've never seen the movie. I've heard mixed things about it. Going to the web site provided by Mr. Clarkson above, and watching the video there, I really like the Nemo car. It looks right. It looks like something Nemo would drive. It reminds me of another cool car made up for the movies. And that would the one seen in the first Captain America movie. I'd love to have models of either car.

Scott

Very cool! I've never seen the movie. I've heard mixed things about it. Going to the web site provided by Mr. Clarkson above, and watching the video there, I really like the Nemo car. It looks right. It looks like something Nemo would drive. It reminds me of another cool car made up for the movies. And that would the one seen in the first Captain America movie. I'd love to have models of either car.

Scott

The movie is enjoyable, not nearly as bad as many critic make it out to be. And, yes, the car is very cool too

Here Peta Wilson!  The movie is just great fun and I've seen it several times.

Based on the comic...er, graphic novels by Alan Moore. No *SPOILERS* but the League is a collection of Victorian fiction heroes come to life: Allan Quatermain (Sean Connery), Captain Nemo, Dorian Gray, Dr. Jekyll, Tom Sawyer, the Invisible Man etc. Peta Wilson plays the widow of Jonathan Harker from "Dracula."  So yes, she really sucks.  But in a good way, unless you're a bad guy.

I love that movie, never mind if the interior scale of the "Nautilus" means it would be about the size of Manhattan.  Or that Nemo's car, above, couldn't go ripping thru the streets of Venice because that city doesn't have streets big enough to drive on and cars are strictly forbidden.  (I've been there and hope to go back someday.)

peta.jpg

I saw the movie today. Not bad. Not great either. Yet I liked it. It's okay. Well worth seeing.

I don't quite understand the use of Tom Sawyer in this movie? Why Tom Sawyer? They couldn't come up with a better "American" fictional character than that? Don't get me wrong. Tom Sawyer is a great book. But, to me Tom isn't a fictional figure that generally fit with the rest of the characters in this movie. The use of the others made a lot more sense to me.

I did like the relationship between Dorian Gray and Nina Harker. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde I thought were used well too.

Great movie? No. A pretty good movie? Yes.

And as unrealistic as the Nautilus and Nemo's car were. I liked them too.

I could have picked up this kit when it was still available in retail (from Hobby Link Japan). But at that time I had mixed feelings about whether I love it or hate it. Now I'm regretting not picking up at least one of them kits. The car kind of grew on me, and even if I still hated it I could now sell it for big bucks.