• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looooong shot part request!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

OK, I'm interested in the resin roof section for GM's B-Body 1961-62 four door hardtop "sport sedans". You know------the four door hardtop roof style that was available from Chevy to Buick. Modelhaus offered (I think) this roof section although, I may have that mixed up with their 1959-60 "Flattop" roof of which I have a couple. 

I have a Modelhaus '61 Bonneville 2 dr hardtop that for some reason over the years, the roof is now "smooshed". I don't want to throw away the kit, as the rest of the body is fine. If I can get the roof section I'd be able to turn it into a four door hardtop with some kitbashing and work.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Posted

Which kit would you need to accomplish your goal Bill? I might be able to find one at a swap meet coming up this week.

Posted

I have the roof from a AMT 62 Buick Electra I am putting on a 62 chevy roof trying to make a62 Buick Lesabre cut behind the visors and next to the body Iwould send it if it will work.  Larry

Posted (edited)

Which kit would you need to accomplish your goal Bill? I might be able to find one at a swap meet coming up this week.

Mike, AMT made the '61 Chevy Impala "Sport Sedan", but I believe that was done only as a promo---I could be wrong though. Johan did the Olds 88 four door hardtop in '61 and '62 which had the same roof type.

Here are some pics...............

ebay3804.thumb.jpg.9011438da4a67400f0833183795_Side_Profile_Web.thumb.JPG.a40113

This is the car I'd like to do with that roof section...........

1961_Pontiac_Star_Chief.thumb.jpg.06df6bThis car is a Star Chief though, and not a Bonneville-----same difference. ;)

If worse comes to worst, I could build the roof off of the two door hardtop's shape if need be. It would save some work though if I could either get a junker, or a resin roof section which the more I think about it, I don't believe the Modelhaus made.

I have the roof from a AMT 62 Buick Electra I am putting on a 62 chevy roof trying to make a62 Buick Lesabre cut behind the visors and next to the body Iwould send it if it will work.  Larry

Thanks for the offer Larry, but I could do that with the '62 Pontiac Catalina's roof if I can't find what I need. I'd have to raise it up a scooch as the four doors were a tad taller than the two door hardtops.

Edited by MrObsessive

Posted

I thought that you were looking for the '59 style "Flat Top" roof at first Bill.

If it's the '61 style roof that you're looking for, I believe I have a junk '61 Olds promo laying around somewhere.

Can't attest to the condition of that roof right off hand, but I'll look for it & get back to you if you think it's something that you could use.

Steve

Posted

I thought that you were looking for the '59 style "Flat Top" roof at first Bill.

If it's the '61 style roof that you're looking for, I believe I have a junk '61 Olds promo laying around somewhere.

Can't attest to the condition of that roof right off hand, but I'll look for it & get back to you if you think it's something that you could use.

Steve

Never mind Bill.

I couldn't find the body so I went back to look at some photos that I had of it.

Typical early promo.

The roof was all warped & twisted.

And crushed besides!

I bought it for parts & didn't much care what the body looked like.

I may have just thrown it out! :rolleyes:

Steve

Posted

The '61 Impala four-door was promo-only, but it was molded in Cycolac so you'd be good to go there. Not an easy find...

Larry Ray was offering the '62 Electra roof; that wouldn't work for this sedan but it would be perfect to convert a Jo-Han '62 Fleetwood into a Coupe deVille.