Model Cars Magazine Forum

Game of Thrones

Snake45

Any Game of Thrones fans here? I can hardly believe how good this season is. It's all coming to a boil.

I gather from the little interviews with the producers at the end of every episode that they enjoy slipping in little pop-culture references, homages and "Easter Eggs" from time to time. I thought I caught two of them in last week's episode (5). Anyone else catch them?

Love this show...  I especially loved how season 6 ended when Ramsey got his.  I'm not trusting "Little Finger".  I look forward to seeing how Arya continues her quest for "retribution".   Seeing the fire breathing dragon in action was awesome.

If I still had cable TV Id watch the series just to see Lena Headey (who I first noticed on the TV Terminator series years ago). Thrones looks like pretty good entertainment.

Well Bill, you'd certainly see more of her on GOT than you did on Terminator. LOL:o;)

Edited by Can-Con

BIG fan here. I didn't catch any eggs. Please enlighten me sir.

Here's one: When John Snow put together his rag-tag band of outlaws, renegades, misfits, mavericks, and general badasses, did you count them? And didn't they look magnificent? B)

Here's one: When John Snow put together his rag-tag band of outlaws, renegades, misfits, mavericks, and general badasses, did you count them? And didn't they look magnificent? B)

I see what you did there. <_<:lol:

I really dig the show. No HBO but I can pick it up on a free app on my tablet.

I totally called - - - - - - - -  before it happened, and I don't follow the twits-tweets-chirps or squawks the rabid fans expectorate.

Spoilers Seeetie! 

Some of us record the show and don't get a chance to watch until a day or three later. 

Next episode: Jon and Daenaerys will share The Iron Bathtub.

It's about time! :wub:

But wait a minute....aren't they cousins, or something? (Not that THAT little detail would stop anybody in GOT-world.)

Edited by Snake45

Absolutely love the show. Been a great season so far, but things happen so fast now I kinda miss the slower build-up of events that took place in earlier seasons.  And I agree that even though it is so wrong, since they are Aunt and nephew, Jon and Daenerys need to share some "quality" time together.  Won't have to wait much longer for that to happen.....   But hey, at least they don't know they're related yet Lol.

Edited by bogger44

SPOILER ALERT!

Okay, I buy the dragons. I buy flying dragons. I buy flying fire-breathing dragons. I buy Ice Zombies. I buy the Ice Zombie polar bear. I'll even buy John Snow crawling out of a frozen lake and NOT freezing to death of hypothermia within minutes.

But can SOMEBODY tell me this:

Where did the Ice Zombies come up with about four miles of heavy-ass chain?????

SPOILER ALERT!

Okay, I buy the dragons. I buy flying dragons. I buy flying fire-breathing dragons. I buy Ice Zombies. I buy the Ice Zombie polar bear. I'll even buy John Snow crawling out of a frozen lake and NOT freezing to death of hypothermia within minutes.

But can SOMEBODY tell me this:

Where did the Ice Zombies come up with about four miles of heavy-ass chain?????

they robbed (borrowed) it from the ice ships they abandoned a long time ago.

After several years without ever seeing a single episode, I'm just now beginning to watch all of "The Walking Dead".

Oh, you're gonna get hooked on that, too. B)

Sometime around season 3 or 4 or 5, the zombies become little more than an annoyance of modern life, like bad traffic or poor cellphone reception--just something you have to deal with in the course of your day. The REAL problems are all the Other People. Yes, it's kind of a soap opera, but a good one. IMHO, it just keeps getting better and better and better.

Oh, and don't get too attached to ANYBODY. B)

After several years without ever seeing a single episode, I'm just now beginning to watch all of "The Walking Dead".

I started watching that one, but about halfway through the second season I realized, the show itself was stressing me out. I realized, this is good stuff, but I'm not really enjoying it, because it's so edge-of-your-seat. So I just stopped.

Oh, you're gonna get hooked on that, too. B)

Sometime around season 3 or 4 or 5, the zombies become little more than an annoyance of modern life, like bad traffic or poor cellphone reception--just something you have to deal with in the course of your day. The REAL problems are all the Other People. Yes, it's kind of a soap opera, but a good one. IMHO, it just keeps getting better and better and better.

Oh, and don't get too attached to ANYBODY. B)

Oh yes, I've seen a few folks dispatched already, that I was sort of getting used to. I think in a true apocalyptic scenario, other folks could easily be the biggest problem you might have to deal with.

I started watching that one, but about halfway through the second season I realized, the show itself was stressing me out. I realized, this is good stuff, but I'm not really enjoying it, because it's so edge-of-your-seat. So I just stopped.

Yep, the whole dog eat dog approach, while still trying to hang onto a sense of decency, could be very perplexing, I'd imagine, and quite a paradox as well.