Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Beach City Corvette: On the bench 8/19/17

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:).......I made some front shocks and painted them H.O.K. black.........I got the front end painted Alclad and attached, I took "Master Builder" Clay Kemps advise from his post to use Hyprodermic tubing for the front end.......they fit the RB Motion rod ends perfectly.......I also used a combination of Meng  and "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends for the front end......I also attached the steering wheel... ...I got the rear wheels painted Tamiya Gold leaf and lightly weathered,I also made some valve stems for the wheels.......I used Paul Rowe resin rear slicks....... and GWS Decals made me some custom M&H Racemaster decals,I also lightly weathered the tires......I made a battery and also added some GWS Custom made decals.......I made a coil and attached that to the fire wall and added "Pro Tech" detailing wire and Spark plug wire......thanks for looking

DSCF4391_zpsg7ntiepl.jpg

DSCF4393_zpszpstfb1x.jpg

DSCF4396_zpsuoybxpjc.jpg

DSCF4395_zpsvsu2khaw.jpg

DSCF4394_zpssqaxvs39.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.......thank you all so much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them:)........I got the engine assembled and attached to the frame.......I used a Mark Johnson Resin engine and dressed it up with a few Sobak Design 3D printed parts and some "Pro Tech" plug wire and nut and bolt ends and painted the engine block H.O.K. black.......I made some spark plugs.......I modified the vave covers to replicate the Micket Thompson valve covers......I also used RB Motion plug boots  and A N Fittings,painted Tamiya Clear Red and Blue........I also painted the scoop,valve covers and oil pan Alclad and lightly weathered ......I made the fueltank and painted it Rustoleum Sail Blue.......I made the headers painted "Osh" brand flat black and weathered them.......I also made the frame panels and painted them Alclad and lighly weathered .......I will add the seat and plumb the engine tomorrow ......thanks for looking

DSCF4413_zpsk3ekljcx.jpg

DSCF4438_zpsadx938ne.jpg

DSCF4437_zpspsngsxk8.jpg

DSCF4436_zpsl2va2wg8.jpg

DSCF4435_zpsp7rl0b0l.jpg

DSCF4433_zpsrypogqmu.jpg

• Like 1

Hello.......Brad,Dave,Jeff, and Jesse ,thank you for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:)........I got the wheels on.......I sent Art laski  one of my tires so that he could resin cast some.......and I just got it back today ,so I painted it up and decaled them with custom decals from GWS Decals.........I wired up the toggle switches using "Pro Tech" detailing wire...... and I also added the brake lines........I also made the seat and painted it Alclad and weathered it and also used a "Pro Tech" seat belt harness..........I will plumb the engine tomorrow........thanks for looking

DSCF4440_zpsddzxhnyg.jpg

DSCF4442_zps7zaevmhg.jpg

DSCF4441_zpsruh27zxq.jpg

DSCF4446_zpspnuzo4ie.jpg

DSCF4444_zpsyx4nvday.jpg

DSCF4451_zpsjoxdba4h.jpg

• Like 1