Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ken Schrader's Bud Monte Carlo

Shunter

Mikes great decals on a quick shelf build....I hope.
There was some orange peel in the red paint so i decided to rub this back and clear it.
IMG_6216-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
IMG_6213-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

So this is my efforts for just shy of two hours work. The decals went on very very well and i did not use any setting or softening solution at all, just my wife's trusty old hairdryer to help some of the decals follow the curves and to also eradicate any silvering. The sheet covers three seasons so i have decided to go with the 1995 car driven by Ken Schrader, i like Ken, and i remember my first Daytona 500 i watched on TV was the 1990 race with Ken kicking arse in the Kodiak Lumina, that thing was a rocket. So i have decaled the body and will now look at working on the hood....
There is more work to still do on the body, tidying up the windows from the 2K build up, add the grill decals and then bare metal foil the fan cover. 

IMG_6893-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
IMG_6894-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
IMG_6896-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
IMG_6898-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

The weather has been so wet here that doing things outside is just not nice. So with no excuses needed for the wife i finished the decals on this one, mainly the hood and also after Photobucket did their magic on us i have uploaded the images again.
All i need to do now is a chassis for this one and happy days.
IMG_8871-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
IMG_8872-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
IMG_8869-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki
IMG_8870-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Shunter