Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Impala Lowrider

geetee66

I finally got it done!

I'm blown away by the detail the Lowrider guys put into their cars.  Some of them are more like jewellery, than cars. 

I hope to get better at building lowriders and get my paint more precise. I love the chrome and the wild colours and I want to build more of these.

I only added a few bits n bobs; Subwoofers, Pegasus Daytons, resin rotors and calipers. But most of the time was spent masking, painting and waiting for it all to dry between the many coats of clear (15, I think). Then a lot of wet sanding and polishing.

Paint was from rattle cans, which prompted me to order an airbrush. I realised how much paint I've been wasting, when I looked at my bit of cardboard I use to protect my lawn from the paint.! I think I spent about £50 on paint for this ?

Thanks for looking, all comments and criticisms welcome

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

VERY nicely done  geetee, that tape work is a lot harder than most people think.

Great detailing, Some good color choices too, i like the decals? in the blue too, nice touch.

Now on to the next one, it is fun stretching the imagination with paint, and once you get your airbrush, a whole new world of painting will unfold.

Thanks very much, guys!

I'm glad you approve. I know these cars aren't to everybody's taste, but I love the excess of them. 

I saw a bumper sticker on one, which said;

"Life's too short to drive a boring car" 

Kinda sums it up, for me. (I drive a black Audi A3 and I'm running out of time!)

I'll try a more elaborate paint job on my next lo-lo (59 Impala), now I have an airbrush ?

And I'll make my own line tape. This build taught me a lot ?

• 5 years later...