• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Need Some Bodywork Help

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Been trying to get my MAGNUMSRT8RPU ready for paint.  I puttied in the rear door lines, all door handles, and the joints where the front and rear fascia join the body, I am going for the clean look.  I got the body sanded, using a rubber block behind my sandpaper, sprayed with Duplicolor gray sandable primer.  The door lines and door handles are gone, however the fascia joints are still visible;: it appears as if they have sunk in.  I reputtied, resanded, reprimed, and have had the same issue.  The first time I used Tamiya white putty, the second time I used Bondo spotglaze.  After the second time, I used a dental bit and ground out the putty areas and reputtied using Bondo.  After primer, had the same issue.  Yesterday I spread a fine layer of Tamiya white, sanded, primed with Duplicolor white sandable primer and still have the same issue.  As I said, the door lines and door handles came out fine.  Any suggestions?

Posted

When you get your putty sanded to final shape, hit it with a nice wet coat of superglue. Let that soak in and then dry. Give it 24 hours. Then sand again, and prime. You lines will be gone.

Or you could just fill your crack with superglue or superglue gel (Loctite brand is the best) to start with. That will never shrink or ghost.

Posted

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try.  I have heard of this technique before.