Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby reset coming

Michael's has a 50% off coupon going, good only until this Saturday, 9/16/2017.  Follow the link below and scroll about halfway down the page to the "50% off coupon" link to get the coupon or print it. There's a 60% off deal at the top of the page; I'm not sure if that applies to all stores.

https://www.groupon.com/coupons/stores/michaels.com

For some reason our local HL (Hobart, IN) seems to lag behind most others in updating their model stock.  Finally started widespread clearancing a couple weeks ago.  They already have the Foose '56 pickup and the stock '76 Torino (picked one up about 2 weeks ago).

Stopped in today on my way home from work.  Finally have a lot of space opened up on the shelves, with tags for what's coming.  Here's what I saw:

MPC Vending Machine

AMT Datsun 280Z

AMT '83 Camaro Z28

Revell Foose Caddy Eldorod

Revell '66 Chevy Suburban

Revell '57 Chevy Black Widow

Revell '64 Fairlane (T-bolt)

Revell drag Mustang 5.0

Revell Starsky & Hutch Torino (kinda weird for them to be stocking this and the factory stock version at the same time)

Revell '92 Miata

Revell Mazda RX7

Might have been a few others that didn't register because I couldn't care less.

Find it interesting that it looks like there will be many more Revell-Monogram subjects in this restock than Round2 kits.

Big news for those in the Upstate SC area. According to the local paper this morning, a new Hobby Lobby will be opening in the little town of Seneca, SC (near Clemson, which most of you have probably heard of).  It's taking over the old K-Mart store in the Applewood Plaza shopping center. According to the paper, the new store is scheduled to open in June 2018.