Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford 4x4 Styleside snap kit

I have a Revell Ford Styleside 4x4 Pickup. It's a snap kit, 1/25 from 1981. I've been building since the mid 60's and don't recall seeing another one. Is a rare kit? also new to posting pictures. Can you see it?

IMG_0604.JPG

Edited by Mercuryman54
Added content

It's rare in that it probably hasn't been reissued but not surprised as Revell had a run of similar kits that were very simplistic in appearance and assembly. They had some GM trucks around that same era and the idea was a quick and easy build for beginners. I say build it if you want!

Yeah, that ain't worth nothing, why don't you send it over to my house so I can toss it for you.

Seriously though, those kits are pretty rare which is sad because they're the most accurate kit of the early 80's body style around. There is also a short bed dually and a step side version of those kits and they share some parts with the Revell sherriff's department Bronco. They are a bit simplistic but can be dressed up pretty easily.

I bought this one on eBay a few years ago. It's still in its shrink wrap. I bought it to build a replica of a 1:1 truck I'm building, but since I didn't know anything about it I didn't open it. I decided to take a recent reissue of the 1980's Bronco and a AMT F-150 (1992/96 style) and cut and graft everything together. So far so good. Thanks for the replies. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/22/2017 at 5:24 PM, maxwell48098 said:

I used several of these kits as the basis for other models by lengthening the frame and adding resin wheels/tires.  I did a min-pumper, a light rescue, and a wrecker.  The only one I could find images of was the mini-pumper.

1981 Ford F350 American Mini Pumper (4).jpg

1981 Ford F350 American Mini Pumper (8).jpg

I like the build how did you get tires on a dually setup im trying to figure it out any help would be very appreciative

• 1 month later...