Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Pair of Chevys - The Impala

tmb727

AMT 67 Impala SS427.

Paint:  Exterior is airbrushed MCW Marina Blue with Tamiya TS-13 clearcoat from the can.  Interior is airbrushed Testors Light Ivory topcoated with Tamiya Pearl White from the can.  Engine is Scalefinishes Chevy Engine Orange.

Aftermarket:  Plug wires, battery cables, Keith Marks decal scripts.

Impala_01_zpsfcagpk0u.jpg

Impala_02_zpse8t0gorj.jpg

Impala_03_zpsb8c7iwyw.jpg

Impala_04_zpseb9ykzq1.jpg

Impala_05_zps2cv3elta.jpg

Impala_07_zpscneioa5z.jpg

Impala_08_zpsbfkmhknb.jpg

Impala_09_zps3felmoug.jpg

Impala_10_zpss5ormrnj.jpg

Impala_11_zpsi8osmtuq.jpg

Impala_12_zpsprtjlgg5.jpg

Impala_13_zpsuziluygu.jpg

What a beauty. The colour really suits it, and the engine bay detail is particularly well done. I take it that's a correct colour for the real car that year?

One day about 12 years ago, I got home (in North London back then) to find that somebody a few streets away had a '67 Chevy coupe on their driveway! It was a sort of notch back rather than a fast back like this one. He had bought it on the internet, drunk! I never saw it again, I suspect it was a little more than he bargained for.

What a beauty. The colour really suits it, and the engine bay detail is particularly well done. I take it that's a correct colour for the real car that year?

One day about 12 years ago, I got home (in North London back then) to find that somebody a few streets away had a '67 Chevy coupe on their driveway! It was a sort of notch back rather than a fast back like this one. He had bought it on the internet, drunk! I never saw it again, I suspect it was a little more than he bargained for.

Yes, Marina Blue was a '67 color.

I lived in the UK many years ago when I was in the Air Force.  I can relate to the "more than he bargained for" comment - at least as far as size is concerned.  I can't imagine driving that beast on some of the narrow village roads and roundabouts.  You would definitely have the right of way, as you would probably take up most of the road!

Outstanding build in every way. As others have related past encounters with big Impalas. In the fall of '67 I was ordering a '68 full size Bel Air coupe.  On the showroom floor they had a Marina Blue '67 Impala 427 SS with the Pearl White bucket seat interior.  So yes that is very much a valid color combo and it looked just as great in 1:1.