Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Samba Custom Triple Cab Pickup

Really nice build Michi, and you must feel proud of the work you put in over one year. Don't worry about the sunroof, it is not unusual for Revell to get the instruction sheet slightly wrong. When I built the 1:24 Revell London Bus there were warnings on different forums about some instructions that were wrong way round.

Good job !

David

21 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Really nice build Michi, and you must feel proud of the work you put in over one year. Don't worry about the sunroof, it is not unusual for Revell to get the instruction sheet slightly wrong. When I built the 1:24 Revell London Bus there were warnings on different forums about some instructions that were wrong way round.

Good job !

David

22 hours ago, DumpyDan said:

Outstanding build, looks like a beauty

On 25.1.2018 at 4:10 AM, TheSDTrucker said:

Really cool build!

Thanks guys!

Dang, that's KILLER!  I love the unusual cab/pickup configuration.  I see you used the Porsche dashboard.  Nice you have a whole engine in there.  Now you have me wishing to resume on my project that I started last century.

Edited by 89AKurt
deleted photo

3 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Dang, that's KILLER!  I love the unusual cab/pickup configuration.  I see you used the Porsche dashboard.  Nice you have a whole engine in there.  Now you have me wishing to resume on my project that I started last century.

8261807611_bdd4529764_k.jpg

Why did you stop it? You're almost there. Interesting idea you had with sectioning the roof, completely changes the look!

• 2 weeks later...
On January 29, 2018 at 2:11 AM, da Speedinger said:

Why did you stop it? You're almost there. Interesting idea you had with sectioning the roof, completely changes the look!

I know right?  Finishing the interior, as in trim around the windows, the bars in the windows (instead of using lame decals), thinking of including LED light with fiber optics, and finding time.
Sorry to hijack this thread, someone *finished* a model and should be applauded.

• 2 years later...
On 8/24/2020 at 6:32 PM, da Speedinger said:

Meanwhile i transformed the build into a surf-bus by adding a roof-rack and a surfboard

Surfboard.jpg.75e9e1d2fb0017e7940b5382f3679bf1.jpg

Really superb! I like the surfer touch, I either cast my surfboards in plaster or thick plasticard.

I finished my VW pick-up into a mountain bike carrier....

photo4-th.jpg

On 9/1/2020 at 8:06 AM, Dominik said:

cooooooool! 

On 9/1/2020 at 11:24 PM, Chuck Mols said:

Great looking build!  Very good vision brought to life. 

22 hours ago, Peter Lombardo said:

Amazing craftsmanship,  very impressive with a host of unique features.   Stunning model. 

15 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Wow!!! And I do mean me some WOW!!!

Thank you very much, guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Revell VW Samba bus lends itself to do many conversion possibilities, as do the Van and Pick Up that originated from Hasegawa. I think Revell re popped their van but not the pick up as far as I am aware.

Michi's Surf bus conversion shows a lot of both originality and modelling skills.