Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photobucket fix

There is now a plugin for Firefox and Chrome to allow you to see pictures again. 
Firefox users go here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...d-fix/?src=api 
Chrome users go here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en

I found this on the Randy Ayers forum and thought I would pass it along.  I use Chrome and added the plug-in and now I can see PB pics again!

Search photobucket and add "photobucket embed fix" to your browser.  I checked a couple of Harry's posts and I can once again see the pictures.

There is now a plugin for Firefox and Chrome to allow you to see pictures again. 
Firefox users go here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...d-fix/?src=api 
Chrome users go here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en

I found this on the Randy Ayers forum and thought I would pass it along.  I use Chrome and added the plug-in and now I can see PB pics again!

Search photobucket and add "photobucket embed fix" to your browser.  I checked a couple of Harry's posts and I can once again see the pictures.

Hi and THANK YOU sir!

The link for Firefox doesn't work, it brings up a not found page

I had the same issue. I typed the word "photobucket" in the search line, and the link came up right away. I have installed it ... now it is time to try it out.

Yes, it works for me.

Edited by Bill Eh?
added information

Yup, works for me in Mozilla Firefox, but only if I went to the corrected link . (I tested it with my oldest thread on the MCM board, from 2008...). Also, you need the current version of Firefox. It was ported to Firefox from the Google version, so it stands to reason it can be ported to other browsers. As a longtime IE user (yes, we still exist...) I'd love to see it introduced for the Microsoft browsers. I'll keep an eye out for it!

Thanks Bruce! And also thanks Anthony for the corrected link!

Seems like NOW would be the time for all the folks who said they'd collaborate on getting Harry's threads put back together to get on the stick. 

Does anybody know if the images you all say are now visible can be copied to hard drive without distortion?

PS. The Chrome link above just goes to the Chrome webstore.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

This is the link for Chrome;

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/photobucket embed fix?hl=en

However, it's showing 2 different extensions

Thank you sir. I saw the top one previously, and as I still have a functioning paid P-bucket account, I'm hesitant to use either of the new extensions for fear of scrambling my existing images.

P-bucket will doubtless plug this hole as soon as their IT people figure out how, and the plug could conceivably foul everybody who's used the "fix", even working paid accounts like mine.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Seems like NOW would be the time for all the folks who said they'd collaborate on getting Harry's threads put back together to get on the stick. 

Does anybody know if the images you all say are now visible can be copied to hard drive without distortion?

PS. The Chrome link above just goes to the Chrome webstore.

I spent the weekend and got about half of his model photos downloaded directly from Photobucket. I will work on getting the rest this week.

The only proper 'fix' is to stop using pb and use another image hosting service. 

I'm certainly not adding more extensions and bloatware to the additional plugins, addons and junk that computers make you use and pb will notice and plug this asap, they're not going to let this continue working when they've set such user demands in place. 

Yes it sucks for people who had/have a lot of photos on there but taking them off and closing your pb account is the only practical solution. 

Thankfully I'd changed to Flickr a good while before pb did this because it became impossible to upload anything on pc and even to access my folders on mobile devices due to pop up ads including numerous obscene pop ups which I wasn't tolerating. 

I strongly suspect that their overbearing advert and pop up regime lost them a lot of traffic which is half the reason they've gone the ridiculous route of demands for tp hosting. 

Edited by M1ks