Model Cars Magazine Forum

66'/67' Bronco Army replica

I have been working on this somewhat of a replica of the 66'/67' Ford Bronco's that were used by the "SPECIAL FORCES" in VietNam. There were only a few of them built, no pics of them etc so I used my imagination on this build.  I hope that no one gets offended by it.
First off before anyone gets upset that some of the parts are a bit rough...they are intentional because I know for a fact that the early Broncos were a bit utilitarian and not really to well fitted in some places.  Also, portraying the rough treatment of the vehicle being in Nam as well.    
The trailer is another bronco that I did last year and didn't like the finished project so I made the thing into a trailer for this build.  Hitch ball is a straight pin, the hitch on the trailer is actually taken from the original bumper and cut to fit etc so the ball fits into it. 
The flags came from some packages that I received with parts for my knife making endeavors.  I know there were no flags on the doors of Army vehicles back then but there is on mine.  
The M-.50 CAL. machine gun was taken from a old WWll Jeep parts box. Gotta have a .50 cal. chopping up the jungle after all!
The wheels, tires,fender flares, rear tire are all from Joseph @ http://www.fireballmodels.info/   He's the best!  Fair pricing, quick service, and great products. Give him a holla.
The weathering is more about showing the dreaded mud that I sloshed through when I was in VietNam in 68.  
So without further BS take a look at my pics my "BLACK OPS" Bronco. 
Enjoy 

IMGP0002.JPG

IMGP0003.JPG

IMGP0004.JPG

IMGP0005.JPG

IMGP0006.JPG

IMGP0007.JPG

IMGP0008.JPG

IMGP0009.JPG

IMGP0010.JPG

IMGP0010.JPG

IMGP0011.JPG

IMGP0012.JPG

IMGP0013.JPG

IMGP0014.JPG

IMGP0015.JPG

IMGP0016.JPG

IMGP0017.JPG

IMGP0018.JPG

IMGP0019.JPG

IMGP0020.JPG

IMGP0021.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

very nice, love all the detail

thanks for the complement, loved building it.  I will be doing a jeep soon.  Army of course.  Working on a nice 53 f100 currently.  A rerelease, taking allot of extra work but it is all a joy to be building models, way better than working.